Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Training Tuesday [1.14.14]

Hey friends!

Popping in really quickly tonight to check in with my training. Here's what this week looked like:
Wednesday, Jan. 8: This run totally almost didn't happen. Or, more accurately, I almost quit after three miles -- actually stopped running and texted Pat that I quit, then ran two more miles. I'm just so so bored of running inside.

Friday, Jan. 10: Intervals -- 2.31 miles. Always goes by fast!

Sunday, Jan. 13: My mantra on this run was, "Pace doesn't matter. Just keep moving." I have such a hard time with feeling like my long runs need to be a certain pace when really, everything I've read says to take your long runs sloooow. So I did, and I powered through the whole dang thing -- even up the giant hills. Proud of that one. Also, proves that the troubles I've been having have been totally mental -- my body easily handled the 8 miles. Probably helped that it was gorgeous and I got to run outside!

I've slacked so far this week -- I was supposed to run yesterday and today. I have excuses, but you know what they say about excuses (probably a million things. pick your favorite).

Hoping to get back on track tomorrow! Not too concerned at this point -- just used my rest days in the beginning of the week instead of the end. :)

How are you all doing with your healthy living/fitness goals?


1 comment:

Kailagh Anne said...

You are running a lot more than me! Congrats on the hard work.

xo. Kailagh

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...