Friday, October 26, 2012

Book review: Missing You


Missing You by Meg Cabot

Description from Goodreads (below) can be found here along with other reviews. Linking up with Blonde... Undercover Blonde for Book Club Friday.

Ever since a walk home on a particularly stormy day, Jessica Mastriani has had an ability like no other. She became known worldwide as Lightning Girl a psychic who could find the location of anyone, dead or alive. Jess finally had no choice but to embrace her newfound talent, and ended up lending her skills to the U.S. government.

But her work for them has taken a terrible toll, and Jess resurfaces months later a shadow of her former self, her powers gone, Lightning Girl no more. Her only hope is starting over in a new place, a big city where nobody knows her. It's only when Rob Wilkins unexpectedly shows up on her doorstep that she's forced to face her past. Rob, all the way from back home, needs her help. But how can Jess, her powers gone, find anyone, let alone the sister of a man she once loved . . . when she can't even find herself?

Missing You, the fifth and final book in the 1-800-Where-R-You series.


I loved this series. I read it when I was younger and it's one of those that I never forgot about. I even started rereading it earlier this year.

But then I realized there was a final book in the series I'd never read, so I skipped ahead to that one -- Missing You.

Missing you takes place a few years after the preceding book in the series. Jess is at college, away from her hometown, when her ex-bf shows up and asks for her help, thus dragging her home.

It's always great to revisit characters you love. I love Jess and Rob and her family and the whole cast of characters. I think they're what really makes any of the books in this series.

That being said, this book kind of felt like it was written just because everyone kept bugging her to write another one. It seemed like she just wanted to wrap up all the characters' lives and storylines and give it a big pretty bow.

I liked it; it was fun to read. Definitely not the best book everrrr. Or even the best in the series. But I guess it is nice to see all the characters get their happy ending.

Have any of you read this book or series? What did you think?




5 comments:

Veronica Lee Burns said...

MEG CABOT! Goodness I haven't seen her name in forever! I read a ton of her stuff back when I was in high school, most the princess diaries, the median series, oh and so many more.

jennie said...

Hmmm. That's too bad that the last one fell flat but that does happen sometimes. When the new Sweet Valley High came out, I was SO excited and...well...it was not the best. Almost poser-ish, which is weird because it's by the same author. Could be that I'm not a teen anymore. I hate when there's evidence that I'm grown up. Haha!

C said...

I've never heard of this series. I enjoy stuff like this after a heavy read. I'll have to look into it!

Stopping by from the linkup! :)
Easily Entertained

Shoshanah said...

I've always loved Meg Cabot books, but I don't think I've ever seen this series before. But I think it's always fun to find new books by authors you enjoy.

Steffi :) said...

I reallyy enjoyed this book. The whole series to put in. Frankly speaking i did not enjoy the princess diaries that much since there is Mia, flunking in all n runnin behind michael with a lack of feminine power and attitude. Jess was the perfect lead i was looking for. The story line,plot and the relationship-oh god -the relationship between Jess an Rob was all spicy. i do think the last book was a bit rushed up but that harldy matters, seein that it was a perfect happy ending we all itch to have. I really believe That princess diaries was a sorrowful life of a stupid teenage girl with no certain aim in life. i sometimes got irritated readin the stupidity of Mia but overlooking that, Cabot has a brilliant sense of humour which can make books on live abt mia enjoyable. However, my aspect is that the MISSING series is one of her best works and a realllyyy really enjoyable read that will keep u flipping through the pages until the end. Luv it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...