Friday, July 27, 2012

Beach book recommendations

Hey friends!

Today, my little sister Anna and I are off to New Jersey! As this is being published, we're probably actually in the air, flying to Philly!

Since I typically do a book post on Fridays, I thought it might be fun to leave you with some book recommendations for the beach!


Requirements for a beach book:
  • Light -- not too serious
  • Something you can put down and pick up again without forgetting everything
  • And of course, bonus points are awarded for funny books and for romance!


So without any further ado, here are some of my top beach reads!


Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me by Mindy Kaling and Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris


Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen and The Secret Life of Prince Charming by Deb Caletti
(Although any book by either author would work. Seriously. Two of my favs.)


My Horizontal Life by Chelsea Handler (obviously, this one's PG 13) and Matched by Ally Condie


What do I actually have in hand for the trip? 
Well, I'll be starting with these two gems, although I actually have six more (!) packed:



Not sure if either will fit the bill for a perfect beach read, but here's hoping they're good either way!

Happy reading and happy Friday, friends!

9 comments:

Kaitlyn's Life and Blogs said...

I am actually reading the first book now!! :)

Shauna said...

I loved the Mindy Kalling and Chelsea Handler books- hilarious!

Veronica Lee Burns said...

...and Pioneer Woman's From High Heals to Tractor Wheels!

Cassy said...

Ooooh, Dead Until Dark is going on my to-read list!

Katie said...

Want to read all of them! The only one I have read is the Chelsea Handler one.

Anonymous said...

Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum novels are all great beach reads. Have fun with your books!

Melissa said...

These all look great! Thanks for the ideas! :)

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

I've only read matched and i LOVED it! :) :) The second book in that series is awesome as well!
Firefly lane &The Secret Life of Prince Charming, look amazing! :) Thanks for sharing this!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...