Friday, March 9, 2012

Book Review: How They Met, and Other Stories

How They Met, and Other Stories by David Levithan

Description from Goodreads (below) can be found here, along with other reviews.

Here are 18 stories, all about love, all kinds of love. From the aching for the one you pine for, to standing up and speaking up for the one you love, to pure joy and happiness, these love stories run the gamut of that emotion that at some point has turned every one of us inside out and upside down.

What is love? With this original story collection, David Levithan proves that love is a many splendored thing, a varied, complicated, addictive, wonderful thing.


I love David Levithan. I'd read many of his books before picking this one up and it didn't disappoint me.

How They Met, and Other Stories is a book of short stories. This always has its pros and cons. When you love a certain story or specific characters, you never get them for more than twenty pages, which sucks. But if a story isn't for you, hey--maybe the next one will be! My friend read it shortly after I did and, though different stories were her favorites, we both enjoyed it immensely.

Every story in How They Met is about--you guessed it--how a couple met, but sometimes more about what happened after than the actual meeting. The types of relationships vary--two boys, two girls, a boy and a girl--one story even focuses on a boy and his mom. Some of the stories were so perfect I wanted to copy them and hang them in my room. This is a perfect, sweet little book. It would be a great gift to a boyfriend/girlfriend who is a reader since it's pretty romantic-y.

1 comment:

HanPlans said...

I've had this on my Amazon Wish List since me and my friend Jess saw Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist at the cinema. If you don't read him already read John Green's books him and David Levithan wrote Will Grayson Will Grayson together and that's awesome.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...