Thursday, October 17, 2013

Anniversary camping in Pomona State Park

Hello friends!

This weekend, Pat and I belatedly celebrated our three-year anniversary by going camping!

Camping for our anniversary is a new tradition we started last year, and I hope it's a tradition that keeps going! This year, we wanted to go somewhere new (rather than the local camp grounds we've been to several times) and Pat found Pomona State Park in his Kansas magazine. They have a great website where you can look up the campsites, so we picked this pretty waterside spot even before we got there!

Pat (who really planned the whole thing while I was on the struggle bus for other reasons all week) also found some awesome recipes online and we cooked our dinner on the campfire!



We also played around by the water, made s'mores, and had a great time.

Do you ever go camping? I never thought I'd be someone who loves camping, but I do! Hoping to work up to where we can camp for a few days at a time. :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous photos, looks like a great time! Congratulations! I can't wait until my daughter is old enough to take camping, I love camping!

Amy said...

umm i LOVE that this is a tradition y'all have started - it will take y'all to so many beautiful places and build great memories! :)
i haven't been camping in a while, and the last time i did it was no fun, but i loved it as a kid haha.

Holly said...

How fun!!! I have always wanted to go camping like this but have never found anyone to go with me, or anyone who was skilled enough in camping to take me with them, lol.

Tamara said...

Camping = awesomeness!

Alfred & I have always loved camping and we used to tent it a lot back in our early days (we've been together for like 12 years, holy hell!) but since we go so much now we actually bought ourselves a small camper. Some of our best memories are around a campfire!

Looks like y'all had fun and that broccoli looks delish!

Shauna said...

Looks like fun!! Happy anniversary!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...