Wednesday, October 30, 2013

For the Kids, part two

Guys.

GUYS.

Remember a little while ago when I posted about the fundraiser I'm participating in? No?

Well. It's a twelve-hour, dancing-or-standing-or-zumbaing-or-shuffling-but-not-sitting-marathon that raises money for Children's Miracle Network.

I got involved this year as an adviser and have been blown away by the amazing students working to give children and families the emotional and financial support they need. I started raising money so that the kids who receive help from the Children's Miracle Network get a chance to grow up and be college kids and turn into inspiring, passionate adults like the ones who have impressed me so much working for KU Dance Marathon.

Know what else blew me away??

Your amazing support. When I registered, I set a goal of $175, thinking it would be difficult. Because life is tough and the economy isn't great and it's hard to send money to a charity when you're wondering how you're going to get gas for your car (I know that's not just me).

But you guys. You guys got me to my goal a full two and a half weeks early.

It has been so humbling. It has been so incredible. Seeing the people I love give to this cause reminded me why I love them and why they're so awesome and reminded me why I'm so lucky to have you in my lives. (Cheesy? Yes. True? Absolutely.)

Earlier this week, I raised my goal to $225. Again, I realize this might not happen. But I didn't want to stop there. If we can find another $5 for the kids and their families, that will be a success. If you're able, please consider donating here.


Thank you to all who donated. I'm so, so fortunate to know you all.

For the Kids,




4 comments:

~Anchored In Christ~ said...

its awesome to donate and help others out.

http://pinkowl07.blogspot.com/2013/10/gifts.html

Amanda Schroeder said...

You're amazing. And inspirational. Good for you!!

Tamara said...

You're awesomesauce and going to totally make that goal!

Genna said...

We love you! A dance marathon is SUCH and good idea and it's so fun, but it's even better when it's for such a good cause.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...