Wednesday, October 10, 2012

This weekend I...

Okay. So I'm two days late (and two dollars short?) but I had a jam-packed four-day weekend, and I thought Sar and Syndal's link up was a good way to tell you about it all! So I'm fashionably late to this party.

This weekend, I got my pretty new phone! She's named Eve/Eva, as in the following clip:


She also enabled me to finally join Instagram! So find me on there if you'd like :) I go by aestrusz.

I also finally got Words with Friends and Scramble with friends. Me and Pat are pretty obsessed. So if anyone else out there still plays those... let me know.


This weekend, I ran my second 5k! More to come on that, but for now...
Me and Pat after the race

This weekend, I helped my friend Kayley aka Heifer celebrate her last couple weeks of being single! Well, single as in not married.

We went to the bar district in Kansas City and had a blast! We started out at the Rock Bar, but moseyed over to PBR for some two stepping. :) The guys were shady, and that plus my 5k meant my legs were sore on Sunday, but it was sooo fun!

This weekend, I tried a new fall-inspired recipe! More on that soon too...

This weekend, I went to the pumpkin patch with Pat!


This weekend, I carved pumpkins with Pat, my sister Emily and her friends!

Pat's is on the left, mine is on the right :)

This weekend, I roasted pumpkin seeds with Pat! I promise this is the last teaser -- I'll be posting our recipe for that soon too!


This weekend, Pat and I went camping for our anniversary!


We learned:

+ Kindling is important, but we started a fire without it.
+ Buy more firewood than you think.
+ S'mores are messy. Or maybe it's just me.

We had lots of fun! I was very scared we'd freeze but we were totally fine. I think we're going to make it a tradition!

Sorry for the very late post, friends! On top of all my busy-ness I am once again sick as well. And it seems that I have difficulty turning down food when I'm sick.... nom nom nom....




12 comments:

Katie said...

What a great post! You and Pat are so cute, love your pumpkin patch pictures! And can't wait for your pumpkin seed recipe, I LOVE pumpkin seeds!

Genna said...

I am so jealous of your pumpkins. Mine NEVER turn out that well, let alone how I want them to. I've painted a pumpkin already, and plan on going to a patch in a few weekends! Love fall :)

Shauna said...

Awesome pumpkin carvings!!! I'm glad you guys had fun camping! Where did you go? And yay for your second 5k!

Kate said...

1. I would totally name a child Eve solely because of WallE.

2. That picture of you and Pat at the 5k is seriously one of my favorites. You both just look so happy.

3. I need to carve a pumpkin with Michael this year. He grew up a Jehovah's Witness until he was in middle school, so he was never allowed to carve one! He's 30 years old and still hasn't. I feel like he hasn't lived a fulfilled life. :P

Kristen said...

Looked like a great weekend! And I love the pumpkins, especially the jayhawk! ;)

JAPAN SAMURAI said...


I am always grateful for the wonderful blog.
Japan is a favorite of the Japanese autumn now.
It is very nice autumn in Kyoto.
I'm full of dazzling foliage.
Please search the Kyoto, Japan on a PC.
I also referred to the fall of appetite.
Your menu is very delicious and beautiful.
I will be careful to eat too much.
I'm sorry I was wrong spell.
Ryoma Sakamto.




Christi said...

Congrats on the 5k! Looks like you had an amazing weekend....love all the pictures!
http://diaryofablondenewlywed.blogspot.com/

Sara said...

Love the pumpkins! Pretty sure if I tried to carve a pumpkin no one would be able to tell what it was....it would be so bad it wouldn't even look like a pumpkin anymore.

Can't wait to hear more about the 5K and the recipes. :-)

KSCoffeeGirl said...

I love that picture of you and Pat...probably one of my favorites! Hooray for pumpkin seeds! Do you remember when we tried to make them at our Candy Lane Fall Party? And yay for camping tradition! :)

Amy said...

Oh my gosh food, pumpkin seeds, carving pumpkins, 5ks, new phones....WHAT?! your life is rocking right now. :) ha

Jules said...

Abbey! Thanks for the little comment tip! I had no idea, i'll get it switched over :) Looks like it was a fun weekend.

Danavee said...

WHOA! Fancy pumpkins!!!!!!

Instagram: best invention ever.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...