Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Training Tuesday [1.7.14]

(I think that might only be the second time or so that I've used 2014! Woah.)
Training this past week was less than ideal. I missed a couple days last week visiting friends/being lazy/reuniting with Pat. And then, the weather decided to be frigid, icy and scary for driving. So, I've only got two runs in the books this week.

I'm not too worried about it. I missed a 4-mile run, and five days off during training isn't ideal but it's also not the worst thing ever. I'll survive!

The two runs I got in were pretty solid. Not super long -- the first was actually 2.51 miles, even though it's showing as three. That was a nice interval run, which always goes by fast! Then tonight I really wasn't feeling it -- my stomach has been funky all day -- but I feel SO much better having gotten that run in!

Has anyone out there set some new fitness or healthy living goals for 2014? I'd love to hear about it!


3 comments:

Katie said...

Yeah, you totally get a pass for not running in the tundra! Haha! I have to write the date at work over and over again. There's a lot of scratching out in the month of January. (...and let's be honest, February.) :)

Anonymous said...

Nice job! I feel like the weather has been so awful that you totally get the pass on that one! My goal this year is to do 1000 miles of cardio. I tried that last year and only made 876...so I'm convinced this is the year!

Holly said...

I had a rough week, too. But you know what? THAT'S OK!!! We all have bad weeks and this is just the beginning of training season. It takes a while to get back into a routine. You still did 2 great 3-mile runs and that's awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...