Friday, July 26, 2013

Book review: Peace in a Raging Storm

Peace in a Raging Storm by Jenna Thomas

Description from Goodreads (below) can be found here.

They were men of different species. Three men Jade Hawthorn found unusual attractions to. And all this time, she thought they were all human here.

Jade knows her family and friends have secrets, but she has questioned little in her life, until now, when her best friend Richard Gale lets something slip.

His life is in danger and he needs her help. Jade agrees, and in doing so finds out that humans are not the superior race, but in fact, last in the ranking.

As her world unravels around her, she turns to her family for stability, but they are as involved in this new reality as Richard.

Jade finds herself drawn between many truths, three men, and different sides of the same war. Would she choose to stand with her family and the humans, or would she give into love and stand against her own?

I'm afraid I can't be unbiased with this review. You see, I know the author. Jenna and I went to school together and she remains one of my good friends. So. This review will be biased. I hope you'll forgive me.

Jade, the main character of the story, is in college -- I forget if we know what year. I like this because there just aren't that many novels that take place in that part of a person's life. I think it's a growing trend, but this is one of the first I've read about someone in college.

Jade's age made a lot of this book easy for me to relate to. Jade's friendships remind me of my friendships, and I loved her relationship with Molly, her bff. And her relationship with her family -- different than when she lived at home, but still, she wants to be close and misses them -- will probably be familiar to anyone who has moved out of the family home.

If I'm going to be completely honest and do my best to be unbiased, I have to say -- you will be able to tell that this is Jenna's first book. But it's a pretty good first.

Peace in a Raging Storm is full of action and mystery. The plot will draw you in and make you think about the story even when you're not reading. And you will be surprised.

Peace in a Raging Storm is available in print and kindle versions on Amazon. :)


1 comment:

Katrin said...

It is so cool that one of your friends wrote a book! I'll have to check it out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...