Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Life lately

Hello friends!

Once upon a time, I was inspired to post because my friend Layne pointed out it had been weeks since I'd posted anything but book reviews.

Now, again, it's been a while since I posted anything but book reviews and birthday posts.

Really, though, I haven't had much to post! A few weeks ago, I hosted a bachelorette party for my Simone, but I failed to take many pictures, and since then, I have had literally no plans.

Zip. Nada.

Truth is, moving has been hard. I miss Pat. I haven't seen him since mid-September and won't see him until Simone's wedding on the 15th. I haven't really met anyone here, although I have joined a ton of groups on MeetUp.com -- now I just have to get up the courage to go.

I know I am lucky to have this job and I am lucky to have a roof over my head and things to eat and all of that. I know.

But it's still been really hard.

So I apologize for the silence. I hope to write more. And I hope to be more cheerful. Just keeping it real for all of you. :)

How are you all doing? I'd love to hear what's happening in your lives!


4 comments:

Amy said...

::hugs::
i can only imagine how hard it is to really put yourself out there when you know no-one! <3 cheers to you getting the courage to start attending some groups and meeting new people!

Cassy said...

What a beautiful photo! I'm glad you're doing relatively ok, but totally understand how difficult it must be to try to meet new people and put yourself out there when you're missing your finance. Hang in there - it will get better!

Kate said...

I'm the absolute worst at meeting new people. It just makes me so uncomfortable. WIsh I lived closer so we could hang out all the time.

I can't wait until you get to see Pat agin. I hate that you can't see him, and I can't imagine how tough it is going from living with him to barely getting to see him! I'm counting down the days until you get to be reunited. :)

Holly said...

If it makes you feel any better, I haven't met anyone new here after my move either. I am thankful for my co-workers that I can hang out with them, but I'd love to meet others! Hang in there...it will happen :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...