Tuesday, November 11, 2014

[Less depressing] Life lately

Hey friends!

So I think I may have made myself sound a little TOO pitiful last week when I posted about life in Colorado. Sorry if I worried anyone!

While it is hard to be in a new place, I'm doing ok. Here's some of the things I've been up to lately...

Watching movies and Netflix
After years and years, I am finally FINALLY almost caught up on Grey's Anatomy. I've been rewatching Gilmore Girls and I went on a campaign to watch all of the Twilight movies (and am now rereading the books). Though this also sounds a little pathetic, these are things I probably would not do if Pat was around. Pat was never behind on Greys. He hates Gilmore Girls. And he has only seen the first Twilight movie, if you count passing out in my dorm room while I watched it.

Knitting hats!
My little sister and I have started an Etsy store, and I've been busy making hats for it! We are trying to raise money for a trip with her school to Costa Rica next summer :) Anna makes scarves (modeled by my lovely friend Simone, who is getting MARRIED this weekend!) and so far, I've made hats -- though I want to make more things!

It's been a perfect habit because I can knit them while I watch Netflix :) I messed up the very first one I made, so obviously I kept it, and the weather finally got cold today, so I can definitely attest to its warmth. You can check out our shop by clicking below, if you'd like.

 photo PicMonkeyCollage_zps68f37922.jpg

Learning to commute by public transit
When Emily and I were really little, we wanted to ride a bus. A real city bus. So my mom drove us into the nearby city and we parked at the hospital and waited for a bus that would take us to the mall... that never came.

I've never had a great relationship with public transit.

But, here in Colorado, I have been taking the bus to work. It was not an easy transition and it took a few days of a really rough commute -- waiting at the wrong bus stop, taking the bus in the wrong direction... But I've pretty much gotten it figured out and I'm actually really proud of that!

Reading.
Commuting by bus gives me a ton of time to read. Not to brag too much, but I long ago passed my goal of reading 50 books this year. Actually, as of yesterday, I'm up to 66 books completed! Which makes the highest total since I've been on Goodreads!


You can see all the books I've read this year by adding me on Goodreads.

What have you all been up to lately?



7 comments:

The Lady Okie said...

Good grief! 66 books? Oh my gosh. I will go check out your store! That's fun. I love to crochet, but I can't knit. It totally is the perfect thing to do while watching TV.

Tamara said...

Holy crap! I struggle reading 4 books a year now-a-days. I'm totally jealous. I get motion sick when I'm in a moving vehicle if I try to read anything so even on road trips I'm just stuck watching the landscape. Sigh.

I'm glad you're doing okay! It's tough moving, so I'm glad you've found ways to occupy your time!

Genna said...

I love your hats and scarves! And how convenient that you can knit and enjoy Netflix. I need a hobby in which I can multitask like that too! And 66 books is great! Once I can settle in a little more to my job and home routine I hope I can make more time for reading as well.

Kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kate said...

How do you hate Gilmore Girls? HOW?! I made Michael watch it with me when we first started dating. He didn't want to like it, but he ended up loving it.
I finally convinced him it was time to rewatch. Best. show. ever.
I've never gotten into Grey's Anatomy though.

If we actually had public transit options, I would use them. Just so I could read more. :P

Hope you haven't frozen in Colorado yet. Every time I see the most recent weather reports, I think about you.

Cassy said...

I have been OBSESSED with Gilmore Girls lately!! I can't believe I never watched it in its first run. Also, your story about the city bus is the cutest thing ever. Love.

Shauna said...

He hates Gilmore Girls??? Noooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you figured out the busses!! I love public transportation!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...