Wednesday, October 8, 2014

The family came to visit!

Hello friends!

How is it Wednesday already?

My family came to visit me this weekend and I wanted to share a few pictures. :) They were such troopers. Mom, Dad and Anna drove from Springfield to Emily's in the Kansas City area Thursday night, then they all loaded into Em's SUV Friday morning and drove another NINE hours to come to Colorado.

Friday night we walked around the campus. My mom took pictures of EVERYTHING. This was my, "are you serious?" face.


Then we just hung out in my apartment.

Saturday morning, we went to a bridal shop and I tried on some wedding dresses :) No pictures to share yet. I found a dress I really liked, but thought I would look more to be sure before ordering anything. I'm hoping to look again over Thanksgiving break -- the next time I'll be with my family.

Later on Saturday, we drove up to Estes Park and checked out the Stanley hotel -- the hotel from The Shining. Although the movie wasn't filmed there, the story was set there. Several scenes from Dumb and Dumber were filmed there.



I hope to go back around this time next year for a ghost tour! The Stanley is supposed to be haunted, including a nursery. I'll have to wait till I'm not living alone for that :)

Saturday night we hung out in my apartment again and played Catchphrase. Then they left super early Sunday morning to spend another entire day in the car.

How lucky am I to have a family that would go through two solid days driving just to see me for a day and a half?

Very lucky is the answer.

Hope you're all having a wonderful Wednesday!


5 comments:

The Girl who Loved to Write said...

So much fun!

Kate said...

LOVE IT! Can't wait until you get to officially pick you wedding dress, and I'm so happy you got to see your family!

I also hope you bought that hat. ;)

Cassy said...

So sweet! It looks like you guys had a great time. That's super exciting about the wedding dress!

Shauna said...

Aww how nice! Hope you all had fun!

Amy said...

YAY family time is so important!
i am so glad you got some in!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...