Thursday, September 11, 2014

One book, one movie, one song, forever and evah

The lovely Miss Whitney has kindly been posting topics for bloggers like me who have been in serious sluuuumps to inspire us to blog every day in September.

And while that is clearly not a thing that is happening in my life, I wanted to join in today because, duh, I really liked the prompt.


If you had to pick one book to read forever, one movie to watch forever, and one song to listen to, what would you pick?


BOOK.
This one is probably the hardest for me. I love reading and can not imagine stopping reading new books and learning and discovering. Luckily, though, I am a re-reader -- I find joy in reading books I've already read and have about read certain books probably more than ten times (ahem, Harry Potters and Sarah Dessens...)

But only ONE BOOK, forever and ever amen? my goodness that's hard. I think I'd have to pick This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen

I read this book for the first time before I'd ever been even close to loving a boy, but I've always loved its message about love. It's such a hopeful book. It also says a lot about risk and not being afraid, which are constant challenges for me.

(FYI, other contenders were The Truth about Forever by Sarah Dessen, Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix)

MOVIE.
This one is a lot easier. There's really only two choices here: You've Got Mail and Love Actually. (Both have similar messages to This Lullaby, now that I think about it...) In the end, I think I'd pick Love Actually. I just can't give it up. And yes, I watch it year round, even though it's technically a Christmas movie.



SONG.
Picking a song was probably the easiest choice for me. I know a lot of you probably think I'd go for Call Me Al like Sar did, because I do love that song and I've said before in blog-land that it's a song that makes all my friends think of me. (It's my ringtone!)

But there's a song even nearer and dearer to my heart -- Springsteen by Eric Church.

Just like he sings about, this song takes me back to awesome times in my life. To two stepping with college friends, to late night drives with Pat. It's the one song I never ever skip when it comes up on shuffle. Love love love.

What would you all pick?



6 comments:

Ren said...

Sarah Dessen is one of my favorite authors and re-read her books all the time! Good Choice!

Sarah said...

How did I not know You Can Call Me Al was your ringtone?! Bwaahahaha AWESOME.

Confession: never heard of Sarah Dessen and I've never seen Love Actually. Dun dun duuuun. I don't read a lot of fiction (like, ever), and I don't know how I missed Love Actually but I just haven't ever seen it.

Katrin said...

I love to watch Love Actually too. No matter if it is Christmas or summer...

The Lady Okie said...

Springsteen is a good one. I think my one movie would be While You Were Sleeping. I love it so much.

Kate said...

Sarah Dessen. <3 I have a few girls who have started to get hooked on her books, and I'M SO EXCITED!

I could watch Love, Actually every day. Sometimes, when I see something particularly wonderful happening, I can even hear Hugh Grant in my head saying, "Love actually is all around." It's just such a feel good movie. Makes me happy. :)

Kim @ Kimberleys Quests said...

Love, Actually is my favourite movie of all time- it's such a great story and the accents don't hurt! I could watch it every day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...