Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Graduation weekend!

Hey everyone!

I’m hoping to get back in the swing of blogging a little bit, and I thought I’d start by sharing some pictures from mine and Pat’s graduation way back in MAY. (I know. I’m awful.)

Graduation was a Big Deal. Capital B, Capital D. because both Pat and I were graduating (me with my masters and him with two bachelors degrees, although now he’s working on his masters). But also because it was the Meeting of the Families.

Anna, my little sister, had met Pat’s dad and sister (and aunt? I think) when she was in town for Late Night, but no one else in my family had met anyone in his family. Well, other than Pat.

All in all, it was awesome. We had TONS of food. Jamie (Pat’s sister) and my mom collaborated to make this beautiful and delicious cookie cake. (Mom provided all the food, Jamie designed the picture. With fruit.)



We played cornhole / bags / bean bags / whatever you call it...


We went to 2398730 ceremonies…





and generally had a really good time!!


Pat and I are so lucky to both have amazing families, and it was so great to have everyone together and to see that they all got along, too.

And of course, I’m always so, so grateful for my parents and sisters. They’re the best.

Couldn’t have hoped for a better celebration!!

Have any of you had any big celebrations lately? How’d it go?


5 comments:

Kate said...

Yay! I love seeing your face pop up in my feed! :D
Also, I'm totalllly loving that dress in the last picture. SO CUTE. And your hair still makes me super happy.

At the rate it's going, my parents won't meet Michael's parents until our freaking wedding. (Which who knows when THAT will be..) And they only live 2ish hours apart! It's going to be interesting

Sarah said...

You're rocking that short hair, I LOVE it! Also, that KU cake looks divine. Seriously. I may be hungry? But mmmm!

The Girl who Loved to Write said...

Congratulations!!

The Lady Okie said...

That KU fruit platter! That is so awesome. Congratulations! You're such a smarty.

Shauna said...

Congrats!!! I'm glad your families got along well :)!

That cake is so cute!!

And I second Sar, love the short hair!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...