Monday, September 30, 2013

Two newsletters you need to be getting

Hi friends! Happy Monday!

A while back, I came across a list of the best email newsletters. I sorted through and ended up only subscribing to two.

But guys, they're a pretty great couple of newsletters.


Now I Know is a quirky newsletter. Every weekday, Dan Lewis sends an article about something new: today's was about how Solitaire helped the first generations of computer users learn how to use their computers. A few days ago, I got one about how a woman's biological children somehow had DNA that didn't match hers, and before that an incredible story about how women in Albania elected to permanently behave as men to receive certain social benefits and abilities (like to head a household and, you know, not be considered property.

You guys know I nerd out on stories about other peoples' experiences. If you do too, sign up for this newsletter here. It's the kind of weird, funny history you wish you'd learned in elementary school, and takes about 5 minutes to read. Worth it.


theSkimm is an AWESOME newsletter that is basically the only way I knew anything about what was happening in Syria and the way I'm keeping up with the potential federal shutdown. theSkimm is targeted at young-ish adult women (probably if you read my blog, you're in their target audience) and focuses on one national or international story each day. It also provides brief information on 3-4 more ongoing stories each day.

If you all (like me) have trouble keeping up with the news, I highly HIGHLY recommend this one. Reading it has become the first thing I do every day! Sign up here.

Do you subscribe to any good newsletters? I'd love to hear!


6 comments:

Liz Williams said...

These sound like fun! Keeping up with the news is hard for me, especially since I don't own a tv. I signed up for both! Thanks!

Breenah A said...

I subscribe to the Skimm because I do not have the time (nor the patience to be honest) to read through long articles or figure out what's actually important. And the tv news makes me cry, always.

I'm gonna check out the other one!

The Lady Okie said...

I just signed up for Skimm! Woo!

exlibrisheather said...

Great post! I signed up for both! I get the bi-weekly book newsletter "Shelf Awareness" and I LOVE it. I've found a lot of great reads from it!

Shauna said...

Those both sound awesome!! Thanks for the tip!

PS, I love that the tag for this post is just "nerd"

Sarah Grace said...

i loveeeee the skimm!! first thing i read every morning! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...