Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Five kinds of blog I LOVE to read

A couple weeks ago I posted about blog posts I don't love. But it didn't feel right to leave off so negative! I have met some wonderful bloggers out there, and wanted to share some love! So here are five kinds of posts I love love love to read. :)


ONE. Your life experience. I love reading about your unique adventures and experiences and qualities. Sometimes, these posts fall into categories of Things I'll Never Go Through or Things I am Not, but sometimes they are things I may one day face and isn't it cool to know how someone else has accomplished/handled/managed (survived) it? And isn't it cool, in this world where I will only ever get to be me to learn about how other people are and how they see the world? I think so. Highly recommended for this category of loves: Yes and Yes's True Story series.

TWO. Posts that build me up and make me feel good about myself. Does this really need any explanation? Okay, I'll explain anyway: I am bad at comparing myself to others. But finding a post that says, Hey. You're doing this right and you're awesome? That is a magical, wonderful moment and can make me smile all day. Examples here and here. And here and here. And one more really great one here.

THREE. Fun relationship stories. I love hearing about your weird dad or they ways your boyfriend is goofy. LOVE IT. I don't care who the human in your life you're talking about is. I just love hearing about how people relate to each other. Fun posts here and here.

FOUR. Running and work out posts. I especially love when they're about things I haven't done yet, like marathon-ing, this crazy workout Amy was brave enough to try, and triathlons, which I idly dream of doing someday.

FIVE. The random, the silly, the everyday. Similar to the first category, but less pressure -- I love to just read about the every day lives of all my blog friends. Because I will never live your life, but I can still learn about another human's experience and perspective through this thing we call blogging, and that's pretty cool.


What do you all love to read?


10 comments:

Kate said...

Oo! Love this! We are on the exact same page!

Sometimes, I think my favorite posts are just the every day life kind of posts! I love knowing about how similar I am to some people or how different my day is. It's just interesting! When i actually stop and think about it, it's almost like reading a book that is written in real time. I'm just watching life unfold for someone. And I LOVE it.

But strangely, I often feel silly when those are the kind of posts that I write. I can't help but to think, "Do people really care about the conversation I had with that kid the other day? Why am I telling people on the internet about going to Michael's parents' for the weekend?" But yet.. those are some of my favorite posts to read on other blogs..

Katrin said...

I love to read about every day stuff too! And travels and books!

The Lady Okie said...

I just wanted you to know that I'm totally stealing these post ideas! You are a genius. I like reading posts like this. They are interesting to me.

Sage Grayson said...

I love blogs that make me feel better about myself or give some kind of useful advice. That's what I try to do with my blog since that's what I like to read.

I also like "slice of life" posts where the writer takes us behind the scenes in her life. I like knowing that the blogger is a normal person and not a fake persona. Nice post!

sagegrayson.com

Meghan Kraft said...

Oh wow. I really just love blogs, I guess...? About life and love, DIY's and food that makes me want to go home and live in the kitchen. It's so neat that we live in a day and age where we have the ability to see so many lives, kind of, just a little bit, up close :)

Amanda Schroeder said...

I love to read real real stories. Not just people sugar coating their lives alllll the time.

Amy said...

i want you to know that i think i just spend 45 minutes on this entry going through all the links and reading their posts...thanks for sharing (and the shout out woot). THIS is a great blog post.

The Girl who Loved to Write said...

Love this! Currently about to spend my morning clicking on all of these links..thanks for the new reads!

Melissa said...

Yes! These are my fave kinds of blogs too! :)

Rachel said...

I don't tend to read workout posts, I guess that just doesn't suit my interests, but I am very interested in people and relationships and individual experiences and quirks--so all those kinds of personal posts you mentioned, I'm very interested in!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...