Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Training Tuesday 7.9.12

Hey friends! It's Tuesday again, and around here that means I talk about my training! If you're working toward any kind of healthy living goal, feel free to link up and share your progress. Go on, brag about yourself a little!



Workouts this week:
Tuesday: Rested
Wednesday: Rested -- drove back to Kansas! Woooo.
Thursday: Rested.
Friday: Ran two miles. For America.
Saturday: Rested
Sunday: 2.5 miles
Monday: Seven miles on a treadmill. Woof.

Lots of rest this last week. Early in the week, I really just needed it, you know? And then once I was home, it was really tough to make myself get out and run. So I switched my long run to Monday and did a lower-mileage week. But it was good. I feel good about the week.

I pushed my long run to Monday for a few reasons. I was home with Pat and didn't want to sacrifice an hour and a half. It was hot as heck out and humid on top and I didn't have access to anywhere to run indoors.

And mostly, I think, I was anxious about the long run. But I actually did really well -- hit my goal 10k time and kept going to finish out the whole 7 miles in decent time.

I'm not sure when I'll get over this. I had some bad runs, but that happened last round of training, too. No need to get anxious about it. But I do. And I run inside like a weenie. Not that there's anything inherently wrong with running inside -- but there is when it's because you're scared to run outside.

I need to get over it because I have two races coming up and guess what -- races almost always happen outside! But I'm hoping if I keep doing my shorter runs outside and my long ones inside, maybe it will balance out?

No big topic today friends. Just these small musings.

I hope your goals, big or small, running related or not, are going well!



7 comments:

Katrin said...

I need to start running again. I went almost every day but then took a break over the weekend. :(

jaime said...

Traveling always makes workouts tougher for me (and we had 3 big travel days during this last vacation.) Sometimes we just need the rest and some days we really need to run inside.

But, yes, races tend to occur outside. ;)

Kate said...

Running ANY outside helps. And there's always that extra boost of adrenaline on race day.

I have a feeling you'll be juuuust fine!

Tristan Schlegel said...

How in the WORLD did you run a whole seven miles on a treadmill! You go girl! That sounds so miserable to me! I get so bored on that damn thing!

Kaitlin said...

Man I could never do that on a treadmill, I get so bored and when I get off I am SO DIZZY. The whole world bounces up and down for a while after I use the treadmill haha!

Amy said...

7 miles!! DANG GIRL that is awesome, and on a treadmill! :)
So proud of you!

NIGHT OWL VENTING said...

Hey there. I'm your newest follower. Hope you're having a fantastic Friday and hope your weekend is Weekend.

cant wait to get to know you and check out your blog some more.

would love for you to come check me out and follow me back if you wish to.

pinkowl07.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...