Thursday, July 4, 2013

Summer lovin'

Hi friends!

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!! 

I am SUPER excited to be posting today because last night I made the trip to Lawrence! I'm going to be home for the next few days. (I have been away for an internship!)

Here's what's most exciting about this: Pat and I have never really had summer together. Since at least one of us has been in school the whole time we've been dating, he has either gone home each summer, had an internship, or studied abroad. This summer, I'm the one away for an internship! (Pat has one too, but he's living in Lawrence and commuting.)

So I'm really excited to be able to spend at least a little bit of time with him during the summer. Some of the summery things I hope to squeeze into this weekend:

FIREWORKS. duh. I'm a bit of a scaredy cat when it comes to the kind you buy and light yourself, but I'm hoping to see the city's fireworks!
Snow cones! 
Ice cream! 
Swimming! If I can talk him into it -- he doesn't know how! I'm hoping to talk him into going to the lake, but there's pools around if that won't work.
Watermelon!
Maybe even the farmer's market?

Some of the not so summery things I'm looking forward to: Visiting my sister and her new foster kitty, watching movies, and telling him all about my internship. :) I'm also hoping to catch up with a few other friends! It's sure to be a busy few days!

What are some of your favorite summer things? I want to squeeze as much summery-ness into this weekend as I can!


5 comments:

Katrin said...

That's awesome. I am happy that you can spend some time together! Enjoy!

Kate said...

Yay! Enjoy your time together! I know it's going to be fantastic!

I've never understood how someone can just.. not know how to swim. Granted, I grew up less than a mile away from a lake AND had a neighborhood pool. So I think I may be part fish...

Ech and Will said...

Yay! Glad you two get to have some summer fun together!

Dara said...

aw, have a great time! I love your summertime picks! My husband doesn't know how to swim either, but luckily he's happy enough hanging out in the pool with me and the kids!

Amy said...

I'm happy to hear that yall were able to spend some time together! :) :)
Sounds like it would be a blast!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...