Thursday, June 20, 2013

The Internship (well... my internship)

Oh hey there! How ya been?

So the last time I blogged about anything other than running and books, I told you I was about to start an internship... I am now finishing my fourth week at my internship! Here's some of what I've been up to...

I was in charge of a staff of 11 undergraduate orientation leaders. The Saturday before they got to campus I made signs to hang on their residence hall doors while I watched some Oregon State baseball "with" Pat. :)

Birdhouses! (I actually made 16 because we were supposed to have 16 staff members... then only 11 showed...)

I trained the 11 students to handle everything they would face during orientation and helped them get campus looking spiffy for all the incoming students.

Ten of my orientation leaders
They were pretty great. One night, we were all eating dinner, and someone said, "Hey, we should put Haley in that cabinet!" and next thing we knew, Aaron was climbing in the cabinet...
...and then they all took turns climbing in the cabinet. More fun with them here. :)

We also resurrected the spirit of Albert R. Taylor, the first president of Millikin University. You can follow him on twitter here.
He and Colette, my fellow intern, have a bit of a thing going on...

We trained for a few days, then had four days of orientation with lots of families and future freshmen students on campus! Long days, long nights, lots of work and lots of fun.


Other than that I've been missing Pat and eating lots of ice cream...

Doing laundry in the sketchiest laundry room ever...

And seeing deer on my runs!

How is your summer going, friend?


8 comments:

Tamara said...

Sounds like it's going great! So happy & proud of you.

Also, I love me some grumpy cat so that totally made me laugh like nobody's business.

Fun fact: The original Grumpy Cat is a girl!

Amy said...

Sounds like you're having fun though (minus missing pat)....and girl that laundry room is sketch but it reminds me a lot of the laundry room when i was at school. :)
Climbing in cabinets, making new friendships, having fun! :)

Genna said...

So are you enjoying it?! It looks like you're keeping busy, which helps the time pass. And that laundry room? Holy heebie jeebies!

jaime said...

Fun internship! Also, reminds of my days as the RD in college. I loved my staff. :)

Kate said...

The birdhouses you made are so dang cute!

It sounds like you're having a great time up there! (Minus missing Pat, of course)

Cassy said...

Looks really fun, and like you have a good group there! Also, even though that laundry room is sketch and a half, I'm jealous of that washer/dryer set (ADULT)!!

Ech and Will said...

That cabinet is just begging for people to try to fit in it. Those door signs are so cute!

Holly said...

Hahaha, it sure looks like you've had a fun time :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...