Thursday, June 27, 2013

Late night Thursday thoughts [6.27.13]

Hey friends! I decided today to kick it old school with some Thursday Thoughts. :) Just some things on my mind lately.

At Dairy Queen with some of my coworkers! The DQ here has TWO FIREPLACES and this fire pillar thing.
[ONE] I really would like to start a strength-training/weight-training routine but have NO idea how or where to start. Does anyone have any good resources or advice? I'd love you forever!

[TWO] Another summer project? Working on a budgeting plan! I'm really trying not to take out any student loans for my last year of grad school, so things have to get real around here! Here are some of the resources/inspirations I'm using! (one, two and three) (oh heeeey Amanda!)

[THREE] I'm trying to be a better blog commenter. Because I read a lot of blogs and then click away without saying anything. So. There's that.

[FOUR] Groupon has a deal right now where you can buy a $10 gift card for $5, but only on their mobile app. So. Yeah. $5 free, basically. Because who doesn't love to shop at Target?

[FIVE] So next week I'm going home for the fourth of July and the weekend and I'm pretty excited. The countdown has begun! Well, really it began a while ago, but... YAY.

That's all for now, friends! I hope you're all having a wonderful week -- leading into a great weekend!

What's on your mind lately?

6 comments:

Sara said...

I'm trying to be better about commenting, too. I read tons of blogs, but just click off without saying anything. I need to be better about this!

I try to do some sort of strength training every other workout. At the gym I go to, they have different machines that work your abs, thighs, arms, and legs. I am up to 55lbs on each machine, and I do x amount of repeats in each set....the number changes based on how I'm feeling. I always have some free hand weights at home (15lbs each I believe) that I wield around from time to time. Have you looked on Pinterest? They have tons of ideas for different strength training options. :-) Hope that helps!

Kate said...

I was once really good at commenting, and then I just stopped. I don't evn know why!

And I miss Thursday Thoughts. Glad to see it resurrected!

Katrin said...

Sometimes it is really hard to keep up with all the commenting. I read so many blogs...but I am trying my best! :)

Kaitlin said...

I am the same way about commenting. I was wondering why I wasn't getting many new followers or making any new friends and then I was like..oh right..these people don't know I'm reading! Ha!

Tristan Schlegel said...

I love IHeart Organizing! Duh. Organization is pretty much my favorite thing ever. But I love that budget plan. I need to get on one asap besides what I'm already doing because I just spent my life savings on a new lens (oops) and really need to buy a new car!

I use the mint app right now. It's just a free app and you can budget it what you need each month and your bills and it tells you when you go over and when bills are due and stuff. It's not enough for me right now, but it was a good starting point! Good luck!

Amanda said...

I think I might be TOO good at commenting. To the point where people think I don't have a life. Also, yay for budgeting! Also, I really like Jillian michaels 30-day shred. It's a great workout.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...