Sunday, March 17, 2013

Forever Fitness Challenge: Meet and Greet!


Hey friends!

Can I just tell you that this community has already made a difference in my life? Yesterday when I set out on my long run for the week, I was thinking of you guys. And it made me happy. :)

So I wanted to introduce you all to each other. I hope you'll stop by each other's blogs, check it out, and be encouraging! I'll be sure to share updates as our time progresses?

(For any who may have missed it, I threw out a fitness challenge. You can read about it here. This is probably the last chance you have to sign up, so let me know if you want in! :)



Breenah is a beautiful mom to a beautiful little girl. She started running a little while ago and has been doing so awesome! When she started she says she could barely jog a minute, and last update she was pretty pumped about her progress.

Breenah is signed up for a 5k at the beginning of May, and her goal is to finish that 5k! She said, "I feel more energized when I exercise and eat right. I hate feeling lazy and bleh. I also want to be able to play with my daughter more."




Amanda is one cool American lady living in Asia!  Amanda shared a wonderful post recently about the mental blocks she's working to overcome with working out, and guys... she's rocking it.

Amanda has never been a runner before, but she has challenged herself to run a 5k by her birthday in the beginning of May! She said, "My main motivation is that I just want to see what my body can do. I want my body to work for me and I want to be strong and feel good."




Kaitlyn is one of the sweetest Southern girls you'll ever meet. Kaitlyn did a post about her goals recently, and she's definitely challenging herself! She plans to work out every weekday, working in the 30 Day Shred program. She's also doing 6-pack March! AND she's also tracking what she eats.

Kaitlyn said her main motivation is to be healthier. "I also don't want to be overweight the rest of my life. I have been since I was 11. Enough is enough."




Melissa is a super inspiring blogger and is always posting great healthy living ideas! Throughout this challenge, she'll be focusing on tracking her food, eating more fruits and veggies instead of processed foods, limiting her sweets, and drinking more water. Like I said -- super inspiring goals, right?

She said this is challenging because she tends to make excuses in the area of her diet. "I don't feel at my best when I'm not eating the best. I basically feel like my "healthy living" is only half there because my diet is all over the place."



Kate is one of my blogging bffs. She's hilarious. And she's a librarian who loves books. Kate is challenging herself to run at least 12 miles a week and to hit at least one 6-mile run by the end of the challenge. She said this would be a challenge time-wise. Sometimes it's hard to fit in the all running she wants to do! "So this will make me run more frequently or have longer runs. Either way, it will be a challenge, especially to find the time!"

(I'm such a creeper -- I already had a picture of Kate in my blog history and just had to pull it up. :)



Also already had this pic...
Ya'll should be seriously excited that Tamara is joining in, because she is one of the most encouraging people you'll ever know. Tamara has a beautiful daughter and a husband that kicks doors in. She cooks for her family often, so during this challenge, she wants three of those weekly meals to be healthy, low-calorie meals that still taste good. She's also hoping to lose 10 pounds!

She said, "This is a challenge because I'm happy with the way I look. I'm proud of the running journey I've been on this past year and what my body has done for me and that makes it really hard to commit to losing weight. I live in the south where if it ain't fried, it ain't good so I grew up cooking that way. This will be challenge because I've never had to cook healthy."



Tristan is such a talented girl, and she's a BAMF when it comes to working out. Seriously. She's also got a mile goal of 12 miles a week! She said, "I know I love running, but sometimes it's freezing outside and I can't run there, or the Y is jam packed and there's not a treadmill so I find myself just going longer on the elliptical or stairmaster, so I want to make sure I'm actually running those 12 somehow!"




Becky blogs at The Saved Runner and she's been running for a while -- girl's already done three half marathons! Becky wants to work on her speed and will be doing at least one speed workout a week. She's also wanting her mid-distance and long-distance pace to be a little faster.

She said "This will be a challenge for me because it has been about three years since I have really tried to push myself while running or since I have gone out and run sprints. I have gotten out of the habit of pushing myself while running."



Amy is such a fun blogger to follow! She blogs over at Taking Steps Home about everything from decorating and theme parties to whatever is really on her heart each week. Amy has several goals going on -- the first is to work out four times a week! She also wants to cook more and work on making healthier choices, including getting a handle on portion control. She said "I am going after this goal to finally turn my life around and embrace a healthy lifestyle... This is a challenge because I'm a quitter. I start something all of the time, try it for a few weeks, and then BAM I quit. I'm tired of quitting, I want this to be a lifestyle change."




And you can read about my goals here. :)

I am already so proud of all of you -- for setting goals to improve yourselves, for putting yourselves out there. And thankful for the motivation you've already given me! I think this is going to be fun!

Hope you've all had a fabulous weekend. <3


8 comments:

Amanda said...

aiyaaa!! (that's an Asian interjection, I'm pretty fluent in them) I am so pumped about this little fitness community. It makes me even more motivated to run today. Thanks for putting this together Abbey! :)

Kaitlyn's Life and Blogs said...

I love this. Just as much as my Wed group that I weigh in with!! I love supporting y'all. :) so if you ever need a pick me up come by my blog and email me. Haha

Katrin said...

Oh...I really need to join you guys! You are an inspiration!

Breenah said...

So excited for this :) And thank you for the lovely write up :D

Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections said...

Um, I love you. Seriously, this is the best post ever. I am SOOOO glad I signed up for this. What a bunch of awesome people working together toward awesome goals.

You are wonderful for setting this up, Abbey! I can't wait to start getting to know these other bloggers! :)

Kate said...

Love this!

I also love that you're a creeper and had my picture already. I'm going to count that as a win in my book. :P

Tamara said...

I'm so grateful for this! It's so nice to feel like I have people that are in the same boat as me. They want to do more/do better but sometimes it sucks when you feel like you're all alone (even though we know we're not).

I'm pumped to "meet" everyone and eventually harass them all.the.time

It's just what I do.

Tristan Schlegel said...

I love this! These ladies are some serious motivational people! I'm always getting notifications about people cheering me on and I love giving it right back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...