Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Workout playlist

Hey friends!

I mentioned a while back that I might share my playlist and there was some interest. (ok, one person... this is for you Jordan! ;)

So whether you like it or not, I'm telling you. That's kind of my attitude with all my posts lately. :)

Before I start, a quick note for runners: A lot of my songs are good for me based on my pace. At my fastest, I usually run a 10:30 mile, and my slowest adds around a minute. So some of the songs that work for me might be slow/fast for you. If you're interested in pacing your run according to your music, jog.fm is a great resource to find songs that match your pace.

That only works for me to a certain extent, though. I like songs with words, so instrumentals are out for me. Also, some songs are slower and aim for you to run at 2x the pace of the beat, which also doesn't work very well for me. So it's not guaranteed.

Anyway. On to the music! Please note that not all of these are appropriate for work/small children.

First, a few favorites:


Lucky Strike by Maroon Five -- a recent find through jog.fm, this song ups my pace sooo much! Love it!

Club Can't Handle Me by Flo Rida -- my classic favorite

And, of course, Starships by Nicki Minaj :)

Others on my playlist:

Best Damn Thing -- Avril Lavigne (I know. I KNOW. but I love this song. No judgement on any of these, friends.)
We R Who We R -- Ke$ha
Hello -- Martin Solveig & Dragonette

There's some others, but I feel like I skip them more than I play them, so I'll leave them off. 

Do you all have a go-to workout playlist? What's it called? Mine's called Tom Hanks. (as in, Run, Forrest!)







PS. Thank you all for your comments on yesterday's post! I hope I didn't imply that there's a "right" way -- of course everyone will feel differently. You all had so many perspectives; definitely fulfilled my curiosity and abated my confusion. :) 

5 comments:

Jordan said...

Hey girl hey! Thanks for sharing your playlist AND for the jog.fm suggestions. I will definitely be referencing both! I am not a huge Nicki Minaj fan BUT that Starships song gets me every damn time! One I think you would like is "Titanium" by David Guetta ft. Sia. Check it out! :)

lil desiqua said...

I love this whole list, especially the older songs that I forgot about! I'm not a runner, but I need upbeat music like this to get me through my long commute. And I hadn't heard that Maroon 5 song- I think it's my new fave! Thanks for sharing!

Holly said...

This is a really great idea, and great songs!! I will have to share my favorites on my blog sometime :)

Katrin said...

very motivating playlist! I love that Weezer are on it!

Amy said...

This makes me want to run! Thank you!! I needed some new music (seriously , no lie) for my running playlist.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...