Monday, January 21, 2013

This weekend I... [1.21.13]

This weekend I got to be part of an event for the leadership group I work with! We toured several companies, includine the Kauffman Center in Kansas City, which was So. Gorgeous.
And on Saturday I got to help facilitate team-building activities among the freshmen in the group, which was really awesome. I was the one who found all the activities and planned the day and it was really cool to see it all through. AND. I'll be working more and more with the freshmen this semester, which I'm really excited about!


This weekend I went on a "date" with my wonderful friend Blake! I was even adventurous and tried Pad Thai for dinner, which was awesome!
I'm usually awful about trying new foods (that's why it's one of my 24 before 24 goals!), so this was a Big Deal. Also! I bought a sweet potato and a pomegranate this weekend at the grocery store, which are both new foods. More adventure!!

This weekend I finally gave Pat his Christmas present, which was a trip to the Boulevard Brewing Company for their infamous tour! Sam also came because I figured it would be more fun for Pat if he had his bff with him, especially since I don't drink beer.




It was fun! And really cool, even for a non-beer drinker. Also, in the picture above, those giant tanks on the left? Yeah, full of beer.

This weekend I also made funfetti cookies. Yum!

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! I start class this week. Meh. I'm sure I'll let you know how it goes!


13 comments:

Kaitlyn's Life and Blogs said...

Yummy cookies.

Pomengratnates are great! And I LOVE sweet potatoes!!

Katie said...

oh em gee. thai food is basically my addiction. ...or at least one of them. :)

Kate said...

I agree with Katie. Thai food is like.. my weakness. I looooooooooove it. And those cookies? Look unbelievably good.

And yay for working with the freshman! They probably think you're the coolest.

Sar said...

Is it okay that my eyes glazed over and my stomach started growing when I saw the pad thai?! My fave!

Such a sweet gift for Pat! I'm a big fan of creative gifts! Totally proud.

Breenah said...

Ooh, the pad thai looks good!
I love sweet potatoes and there a million ways to prepare them! I like pomegranates too, but they are not worth the effort to me.

Genna said...

THOSE COOKIES. Oh my gosh I could eat like 2495824 dozen of them. So maybe it's better that I don't have any? haha

Kristen said...

I haven't ever had Pad Thai but I've been told I would like it.

And those cookies look delicious!

Sara said...

I've never had Pad Thai...but I want it. I should make that happen.

And I really want a funfetti cookie? What's better than confetti goodness in a baked good? Nada...

Seriously, that Kauffman Center is a photographer's dream! As I was looking at the picture the photographer in me was imagining all of the pictures I would love to take in this spot alone. :-)

Shauna said...

What a fun weekend!! Those cookies look bomb.com!

Tamara said...

Yay for trying new foods! You're going to love the sweet potato. Just a little butter and it's amazeballs. Or sprinkle with a bit of brown sugar.

Also, you're officially the coolest girlfriend ever. Pat's a lucky dude.

Also also, if I visit I say we go back because uh, the husband and I? We love us some beer. Just an idear.

Or we find wine? I don't discriminate when it comes to alcohol. Or cookies. Especially funfetti ones.

Katie said...

I've never had Pad Thai either, but I want to!

And seriously, the cookies. OMG.

Oh also totally love the beer date gift idea. Very creative!

Katrin said...

Do you like the pomegranate? I love them but it always such a mess to eat them! :)
I have to admit that I tried my first sweet potato a couple of months ago! And I love to try new food. The weirder the better. Haha.

Esme said...

I'm new to your blog, I actually found you on the coast to coast board. It's pretty cool to see a blogger from the midwest. I actually live in KCMO. The brewery is literally down the street from my job. Their tours are awesome! Also thank you for the great tips on running for beginners!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...