Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year, friends

Have you ever heard the superstition that how you spend your New Year's Day is how you'll spend the rest of that year?

Starting at midnight, I rang in 2013 with my mom and little sister.

We played Scrabble and played cards and took lots of silly animal pictures.

I slept in and went for my first run of the year. It wasn't super fast, it wasn't super far, but I ran.

I tried a new recipe and ate dinner with (sadly not all of) my family. I sat with them in the living room and read Harry Potter, my mom hemmed my pants and we all watched Big Bang Theory.

It's been a quiet day and a quiet evening at home.

If the rest of my year turns out to be peaceful and happy like today, I think it would be all right. A good run, good food, good company... yes please.

Of course my only complaint is that not everyone I love played a part in my day. My older sister is back in Kansas and Pat is a bajillion miles away still -- but we'll be fixing that problem on Saturday.

***

I've been a bit quiet on the blog -- sorry about that, friends. Enjoying my vacation from work and school. I'll try to get back into the swing of things soon.


Hoping you all had a wonderful New Year's Day and wishing you all a fabulous 2013.


5 comments:

Genna said...

Sometimes those calm, relaxing nights are the best! Happy new year friend :)

Amanda said...

that sounds like a wonderful new year's day. Family, food, games, reading. that's sounds pretty ideal minus a few special people.

Amy said...

I have heard that, and i rang in the new year sleeping! :) haha nothing too special going on this year, and that is ok. I'm starting a habit of getting more sleep, YAY.
. . .
Anyways, i LOVE your pictures and that you had such a great time with your family! I definitely need to read all of the Harry Potter books. I LOVE the movies, but i know the books are way better. :)
And your mom hemming your pants? jealous, i need to learn how to do that.

Holly said...

I think your 2013 is off to a great start :)

Katrin said...

Your animal pictures make me laugh so much! Love them!
Have a wonderful year, my friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...