Monday, December 10, 2012

Where I'm from (home for the holidays link up)


This is my home home. :) Where I'm from, the hometown I claim, although not the only home I've had.

Where I'm from...


At least half our inside pictures have our staircase, built by my dad, in the background.


Kitties and puppies enjoy the fireplace as much as the humans.


and we have fires outside in the fire pit I built with my dad.


We take dogs AND cats for walks. :)

And Captain Chewy Jack Sparrow runs the house. :)

My home-home is Republic, Missouri. It's a small town, but not tiny.

My dad built the staircase in our living room and the mantel around the fireplace. And the furniture under the stairs. And the beds in our bedrooms. And the coffeetable...

My grandma lives sort of with us, in her own apartment across the garages from us.


Where I'm from, we read and watch Seinfeld after dinner.

Where I'm from, we drink wine. A lot.

Where I'm from, it's ok to make mistakes.

I love going home. I love spending time with my family, my dogs, my cat and my bird. And I'm very excited to go home for Christmas!


Where are you from? Link up with Katie and Holly to tell us all about it!


12 comments:

Katie said...

From the sounds of it, I want to go live in your home! And have your dad build me things!

Thanks for linking up friend :)

Kate said...

Ok, so even our dads are the same people.

My dad is in the middle of building me a new tv stand. And he built a china cabinet for my mom. Then she got tired of it, so he ripped it apart and turned it into a different wall unit piece. And he build the island in their kitchen. And when he gets bored, he builds guitars for fun.

I've often wondered how I will ever get furniture when my dad reaches a point that he can't build things anymore. :P

Danavee said...

Awwwww. Repmo is a great hometown! ;)

Melissa (Freeing Imperfections) said...

Aw, looks like a lovely home, especially from the outside. That's neat that your dad built so many things in the house. Hope you have a happy holiday at home!

Breenah said...

That staircase is GORGEOUS

Amy said...

Love this!
Your home is GORGEOUS! and your dad built the staircase!!?!?!? TALENT
Love the puppies and kitties...and taking the cat on a walk, now you know it just turns into dragging them around haha.

Cassy said...

I love this post, and your staircase, and all the Struszes.
The end.

Holly said...

LOVE your staircase!! It sounds like your dad is really awesome at that stuff :)

Thanks for linking up!

Anonymous said...

This is a good one. I can't snark anything in it. Especially that Captain Chewey Jack Sparrow runs the house--and the photos of him!!!! He is my guy--just don't let him upstairs anymore or he becomes Captain Chewey POOP Sparrow. Also, I love you too, Cassy.

Anonymous said...

Aaaaand, I love Kate and Katie's comments too--twins fathers, separated at birth?

Tamara said...

Your dad is a wood building machine! That's totally awesome. My father is a mechanic, so I once had a duct taped headlight that actually worked (if you can't duct it, fuck it).

And taking your cat for a walk - totally LOL'ed. So awesome.

Katrin said...

Your home looks so lovely! Love that your Dad built the staircase! And I love all the animals! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...