Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thankful Thursday [11.15.12]

Hey friends! I'm linking up again with Sar, Meghan and Sarah Grace to share what I'm thankful for this week!

First of all, if you didn't hear the sad news, our fish Omsoc died on Tuesday.
Although he looks droopy, he was alive in this picture. I'm not morbid.
I'm definitely not thankful for that.

But, as dramatic as it sounds, I am thankful for the time we had with this little fishy! He was very entertaining and he was our first together pet. He will be remembered!

Also, I'm thankful that Pat was willing to take care of the... ahem... funeral.

And that he was sweet enough to actually check the toilet for me several hours later because I was scared I would see a little fishy body floating in the water.

He's so good to me. :)

However, I'm also thankful I'm not sporting a black eye today. Pat accidentally hit me in the face Tuesday when I was trying to steal his hat. Whoops!

I'm thankful to live with people that will not only let me start watching Christmas movies in early November, but will watch with me. We watched It's a Wonderful Life Sunday and it was wonderful. :)

I'm thankful I get to be home in less than a week, spending time with my family and Pat.

I'm thankful I have warm clothes to wear, as so many don't and this week it's finally gotten cold.

What are you thankful for this week?








PS. Enter this giveaway! You know you want to!

14 comments:

Michelle said...

Aww sorry about your fish!

Amy said...

=( =( about the fish, that completely stinks. :(
And my brother once "accidentally" knocked me in the face and i DID have a black eye...so yay! :)

Sarah Grace said...

so sorry to hear about your fish...but i'm glad pat was there to take care of him! :)

Meghan @ Shine On said...

Oh my goodness, I teared up. I am a mess when pets pass away. And like your man, my pops always takes care of the...follow-up? That sounds terrible.

Anyway, thanks for linking up, lady!!

anna lizbeth said...

what wonderful people you have in your life. You know they are great when they watch christmas movies with you ;) xo annalizbeth

Cassy said...

I'm sorry about your fish!

Adam accidentally hit me in the mouth once when I was trying to give him purple nurples. Whoops! :)

Kaitlyn's Life and Blogs said...

Poor fishy. :(.

Yeah for Christmas movies. Some of my friends are doing that as well.

Yeah for Pat being awesome!! And for family time!!

Sar said...

I'm sorry about your sweet fish, but at least Pat has helped with the transition. <3 <3 Thinking of you!

Shauna said...

Aww sorry about your fish!! But yay for Christmas movies!

Katie said...

So sorry about your sweet fish!

Also, I kind of loled about your almost black eye because that has absolutely happened in our house too. haha!

Katrin said...

I am so sorry for your loss, dear! :(

Hena Tayeb said...

aww so sad about the fish..

Ech and Will said...

Aww poor Omsoc. Pat is such a sweetie for making the funeral arrangements for you. The mister and I still haven't had any pets together. We talk about getting a cat or a turtle, but I consider taking care of him the equivalent of having a pet.

Amanda said...

Christmas movies sound amazing right about now!
I am thankful that the heat is finally on in my dorm and I have some pretty wonderful fall candles.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...