Monday, October 1, 2012

Two years.

In September, 2010, I became obsessed with a boy.

It started with a late night hike with friends. He tickled me with long pieces of grass and laughed as I tripped  in the darkness.

The next night, we laid in the grass, enjoying the warm summer night, and told each other our lives' stories.

We held hands for the first time, and without knowing, I already knew.

I couldn't get this boy out of my mind, but I also had a list of reasons I thought I shouldn't date him. He was too young. I was his kind-of supervisor. And he had the same name as my most recent ex, who had treated me badly.

So we kept hanging out. And at the end of each night, I told him I wouldn't date him.

Even so, every time I asked him to hang out, he kept saying yes.

He stole my book when I was studying with friends and read Beowulf in a Forest Gump accent.

I asked him to donate blood with me, and he went. We both failed (my pulse was too fast, maybe I was nervous?), but we got t-shirts and coupons for free frozen yogurt.

We went on our first "date," free frozen yogurt and Toy Story 3 with friends. Afterwards, we went out to the Clinton Lake Dam. I hugged him and told him he wasn't allowed to kiss other girls anymore. Only me.

He said okay.

That night was two years ago, today. We've been together ever since.

:)



Happy two years to us!

21 comments:

Kaitlyn's Life and Blogs said...

Awwww. :). Happy 2 year Pat and Abbey!!! :)

Veronica Lee Burns said...

Hooray! Congrats to you both! Here's to many more :)

Kate said...

Yay 2 years! Such a cute story.

Must be something if he kept saying yes. :)

Kristen said...

Aw, super cute!! Happy 2 years! :)

Cassy said...

Cuuuuute! I approve of this guy; you had me at "read Beowulf in a Forrest Gump accent" :)

Jordan said...

Sweet story! Happy anniversary! :)

Tamara said...

Yay for two years! I love your write-up...so glad he kept saying yes - you guys are adorable!

Amanda Schroeder said...

My goodness! Happy 2 years! That is sooo exciting. Such a cute story.

Amanda @ weandserendipity.blogspot.com

Amy said...

Happy Happy 2 years!! :)
I love hearing that piece of y'alls story! :) <3 It's beautiful

Katie said...

Happy 2 year anniversary! I hope you have a great day celebrating and I love hearing your story :)

Sarah Grace said...

so sweet, true love always involves fro-yo! :) bub-hub and i got fro-yo on the day he proposed! :)

happy monday!

Anonymous said...

:D so much i did not know... just makes me more excited!

KSCoffeeGirl said...

Happy 2 year anniversary! This has to be the best anniversary post I've ever read! It captures everything perfectly. :) Go enjoy some fro-yo to celebrate!

riana. said...

happy 2 year anniversary and hope you have many more! :)

riana. said...

happy 2 year anniversary and hope you have many more! :)

Melissa said...

Y'all are SO cute together. Love this story! :) Happy 2 years!

Genna said...

Oh my gosh I love this. You guys are so cute! I can totally relate to the "without know, I already knew" thing. I was the same way! Have a great anniversary :)

Anonymous said...

Love you guys. You always write best when it is from deep in your heart. I am anonymous number 2. Say hey to Pat and help me know what food and drinks to have at Thanksgiving....

Meg {henninglove} said...

ahh congrats you two on your anniversary!! such a cute couple

Sara said...

Awww, happy two years! :-)

Shauna said...

happy anniversary!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...