Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Ooey Gooey Butter Bars

Hey friends!

I've got another new recipe for you! I found it here at Kevin & Amanda. Here is their picture of the finished product.


YUM!

Also, super easy. Because that's really the only kind of recipe I do.

Here's what you need:


A box of yellow cake mix
1lb of powdered sugar (2lbs pictured)
8oz cream cheese, at room temperature-ish -- I used 1/3 less fat
A stick of butter, melted
3 eggs

That's it!

Preheat your oven to 300 and grease up a 9x13 pan.

Mix the cake mix, melted butter and one egg into a crumbly crust. Like this:
Then press it into your pan. Like this:
I spy my finger prints :)

Then mix everything else together (the cream cheese, the powdered sugar, and two eggs) and pour it on top of the crust. Like this:
Then bake. Kevin & Amanda say bake at 300 for 40-50 minutes or until it's golden brown on top. That didn't quite do it for me -- I kept running up and down the stairs to add more time. (Maybe killed some of the calories of eating it?) But I'd say keep an eye on it and pull it when it looks golden-y :)



It was a unanimous winner in our house. Pat and Sam approved! And me too. :)

Have any of you made these before? Soooo yummy! :) Happy baking!



9 comments:

Katie said...

Oh NOOOOOOOOOOO. This is what you were talking about eating that one day. I didn't need to know how to make them! Now I'm going to have to eat them...uggggggggggh ;)

Michelle said...

This looks so good!

Amy said...

Looks incredible!
ALSO HELLOOOOO NEW DESIGN! I love it! SOOOO cute!

Sarah Grace said...

shut the front door....soooo yummmmy!! :)

Tristan said...

Holy cow, these look so fricking good!

P.S. Love the new blog look!

Melissa said...

YUM!

Your blog design is super cute!

Anonymous said...

yum. must make some. did you put powdered sugar on top of the finished product??? Thanks for posting--I have to take something to work next week--maybe this!

Sara said...

I'm thinking I'm going to make this over the weekend.

P.S. Love the new blog design. Super cute!

Mei said...

They look so good!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...