Monday, September 17, 2012

Life lately

Hey guys.

I've been kind of awful at keeping you all updated lately, haven't I?

So here's some stuff that's been going on.


ONE.
My sister (not pictured. obviously. that's Pat on the left and Sam in the middle) signed up to be a foster mom through our local humane society. Two Thursdays ago she got these adorable five-and-a-half-week-old kittens. They were given several names, but Pat, Sam and I named them Winston (left, grey) and Karl/Carl (right, black).

We met them two Fridays ago for the first time and all fell in love and talked very seriously about adopting them before discovering our landlord won't let us. Boo.

Then, early last week, we got some awful news. Carl died. The humane society said it was "failure to thrive," which is apparently common in young animals separated from their mothers.

Pat and I have visited Winston since then and he seems to be doing alright. He's lonely, but once he's out of his crate and with people, he plays and purrs and seems very happy. So everyone cross your fingers for Winston!

TWO.
I'm so busy. Seriously. I don't remember the last time I constantly had so much to do (or so much I should be doing, as is the case right now...) I'm never caught up on reading, soon I'll have real papers due, and I've been up to my ears in planning an event that happens tomorrow. I'll be so relieved when that's over, though, that hopefully the rest will seem easy!

THREE.
We bought a fish.

His name is Omsoc and I think he's much lovelier in person than in this picture. He has quite a personality. For a fish, anyway.

FOUR.
As you may have noticed, my blog got a bit of a facelift. :) The lovely miss Sarah Grace designed my header/buttons and was just wonderful. I love the new look and am so thankful for her help!

FIVE.
I went to the KU vs TCU game this weekend. We were not as bad as expected, but we still lost. But look! People parachuted onto the field!


SIX.
I tried kickboxing!

Which means I got to cross it off my 24 before 24 list!

It wasn't hardcore kickboxing -- more like an aerobics version. But there was kicking and punching so I'm counting it. :)

SEVEN.
Sarah and Amber were also kind enough to nominate me for the Versatile Blogger award! Thanks, ladies! I'm not at all surprised that either of them were nominated -- both are pretty amazing bloggers. (seriously, did you see Sarah's post about the party she threw? Ah-may-zing. And Amber is one of the kindest, most lovely blog friends you could ever meet.)

EIGHT.
My wonderful friend Simone visited me this weekend! We didn't get any pictures (or, more like, I didn't want to be in pictures because I've been sick for two weeks and sick doesn't look good on me) but I was very very happy to see her. Now if I could just make it out to her place someday...

Sometimes you really just need to spend time with someone who knows you and loves you. Simone's visit was good for my heart.

NINE.
Amy wrote this post and I think it's wonderful. I recommend you check it out.


I think that's it for now. Coming up this week: A super yummy, super easy recipe! I know you'll love it.

How is your week looking? Tell me about it! I hope it's delightful!


13 comments:

Kristen said...

Love the new look! And how funny that someone parachuted into the game?! haha

I've done kickboxing a couple times. I am enrolled in Jazzercise and they have their own version of it, which isn't as intense as the actual version, but still fun!

Sarah Grace said...

kickboxing is so fun!! :) i'm terrible at it, but going to the classes makes me feel so fierce! haha

and i'm so glad you like your header!! :) it looks soooo fabulous if i do say so myself! ;)

happy monday!

xoxo, sarah grace

Michelle Nelson said...

I was at the game too!

Jaz said...

Loving the new blog layout!! And I like how your fish's name is Cosmo backwards, that's cute!

Ashley said...

I've been awful at staying updated, too! I also have been awful about remembering to mail your letter! No one told me life in the real world would be so crazy busy! :) It will get to you ASAP, lady!

Jen said...

Such cute kittens, and so sad to hear about Carl :( BTW: Love your new blog design. Hope you are having a great Monday!

Jen
http://lifeloveandpuppypaws.blogspot.com/

Ech and Will said...

Aww poor Carl! I hope Winston continues to do well!

I did aerobics kickboxing for a PE credit in college and it kicked my butt! It was a blast though.

KSCoffeeGirl said...

I truly love your new design! :) And I can't tell you how much I loved spending time with you and just being us! You're wonderful!

We should've gone to psychic to knock another thing off your list. ;)

Alyx said...

Awww, that's so sad about Karl! But exciting about the fish!! And your new design is cute!

Katie said...

KITTENS!! So sad for the little kitty. I've thought about being a foster home for animals, but Kyle would shit a brick if I brought animals home, and I would get way too attached. :)

Anban:) said...

haven't seen those pictures yet! And I didn't even get your new friend's name until someone pointed it out! So cute! I'm also feeling the fatigues of a busy schedule, for a middle-schooler and I nap almost every day:) love you and can't wait for thanksgiving! my first (that I remember) with more than just us!
<3 you!

Tamara said...

I love your new blog look! Super cute!
Fingers are crossed [and toes too - as much as I can, I mean, they are toes] for Winston. So presh.
Omsoc, that fish, he is hilarious! I mean, what a personality. Seriously. He's a keeper.

Anonymous said...

I can not thank you adequately for the posts on your web site. I know you'd put a lot of time and effort into them and hope you know how much I appreciate it. I hope I'll do exactly the same for someone else at some point.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...