Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Weeks at Lake Erie

Hello lovely readers of Finding my Forever! 
I'm Genna from Freed at Last, where I blog about this transitional point in my life from girlfriend to wife and student to professional. You'll also see plenty of random rambling and pictures of my sweet furbaby Trigger while you're there.

I'm posting for Abbey while she's spending time on the beach with her fam, lucky duck!
In honor of her time being spent at the beach while I'm stuck at my desk in my office with no windows I thought I'd share my little corner of the beach with you.

Both my parents grew up around Lake Erie (my grandparents still live there) and our family is blessed enough to have a second home there as well.

The Lake has been our weekend get-a-way for as long as I can remember
Exhibit A: Baby Gen Gen on the beach
And no, you don't have to tell me that my neon fishy swim suit is rockin'! I know it. It was the 90s, people, cut my momma some slack.
On the beach with cousins and siblings. Me on the bottom left- excuse the boy hair cut, please
When I was little, my grandma would make this bomb homemade mac-n-cheese and I would always ask her for the recipe (even though I couldn't reach the stove). She would politely say no and remind me that if I had her mac-n-cheese too often, it wouldn't be so special anymore. That's how I think of the Lake. I can't be there that often because of work and school now that I've grown up, which makes it all the more special to me.
Then boyfriend (now fiance) and I at the Lake
We go up for holidays, birthdays and a few random days in between, but nothing like the weeks I spent there every summer as a kid.

Most recently my friends and I have made a point to go up for long weeks such as fall break.



Of course I have to take my little guy! He's a lab so he loves the water and digging in the sand...
So naturally he ends up with sand all over himself :)
Like really, how cute is he?
My favorite picture of him of all time
This place means the world to me and my family. Obviously the people I love most are there with me at some point or another, making it that much more special. But any place can be important to you and your loved ones, even a backyard, as long as you're making memories!
Sunset over the Lake on Easter
I hope you stop by my little corner of the Internet and say hello! I promise many adorable pictures of my furbaby if you do :)

Have a great trip, Abbey!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember the first time I was at a Great Lake--it felt like the ocean because I couldn't see the other side, just the horizen.

Your dog is adorable, and the photos of the lake and beach are lovely.

I agree--where ever the family is, well, how does that go? Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Lovely blog--thank you. :)

Tamara said...

Oh, I love your grandma's comment on the mac-n-cheese! I'm seriously stealing it to tell my kid someday. [Also, I'm such a mom that I actually teared up at that. LammmeeeOOO]
Your lab - preciousness! We are wanting to get a puppy for our daughter eventually and we're leaning towards lab :)

Oh and I'm stuck in a stupid office too. With no sand. No beach water. Just a ton of people pestering me to do stuff....sigh.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...