Thursday, July 5, 2012

A wedding post! The way it went + fun new ideas :)

Hi guys! Today I have makeup and hair to practice, rooms to decorate, treats to make, and surprises to unfold. It's Meleah's wedding week! And today is her bachelorette and lingerie shower. So while I'm busy being a bridesmaid, Amber is here to fill in for me. (Thanks so much Amber! :)

Hey Finding My Forever Friends!!

My name is Amber and I blog over at Obviously Obsessed. While Abbey is off "bridemaiding," I will be keeping y'all company. 

I am completely and utterly o.b.s.e.s.s.e.d with weddings. Everything wedding. The planning, the shopping, the decorating, the spreadsheets and every little, itty, bitty detail in-between.

My husband and I got married in May 2010 so I still consider us newlyweds. I'm not really sure where that time frame of newlyweddedness (yes, I just made that up) ends, but I'm pretty sure we're still in it.



My wedding day was the most amazing day of my life. Everything was perfect and I couldn't have pictured it any other way. Minus the pouring down rain throughout our entire ceremony, it was gorgeous.

Since I got married, I have had the most passionate obsession with weddings. Every girlfriend that I've had that has gotten married since then, seriously about 5 of them, I've helped them all plan their weddings. A few of them, I honestly believe that they wouldn't have gotten hitched if I didn't help them.

So, my girlfriend Tina is currently planning her wedding and I have an entire Pinterest board dedicated to her and things that I love that I think she would love!! 

There are a few things that I really hope she does because I didn't do and I wish we would have. Here are a few examples:


I would totally do a "Save the Date." And this particular Save the Date exactly.

I absolutely loved this Our Love Story board. I feel like everyone needs to know your story regardless of how long or short you've been together.

I wish we would have written our own vows so I could have done the vows on the canvas. Such a beautiful idea to remember the words you've promised to each other on that day.

I am a girl of tradition so we didn't want to see each other before the ceremony, but because of the time in-between the the ceremony and the reception - there just wasn't enough time to get all the shots I wanted.

Think ahead. Do a "Thank You" picture. You can make them into post cards so send out rather than note cards for your thank yous. It will save you on printing AND postage.

Do any of you married ladies have anything you'd do differently if you planned your wedding all over again? Would you want to plan it over again or was it too much hassle?

Stop on over to my blog and say hi sometime and let me know!
I would like to thank Abbey for giving me this opportunity to blog for her and I hope she thinks of me whenever she needs help again. I really enjoyed myself!!


5 comments:

Amy said...

Fantastic ideas!
I LOVE the save the date, the thank you, the wedding vows...ok i love all of them! :)

Amy said...

Oh and Abbey have fun! :)

Cassy said...

I love this post! I like thinking about *other* people's weddings. Not to be a non-romantic, but if I had one thing to do over about my own wedding...I would've scratched it and eloped. HA!

Karenna said...

Loved these things! I wish I would have done them, too!

Courtney Ash said...

So I'm FAR from the marriage stage BUT I have my entire wedding planned to a T on pinterest! I was on there last night and pinned these cute umbrellas but the tag said "perfect for a baby shower" before I could even change it my boyfriend was like...OMG you have that planned already too!?!?!? hahaha

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...