Thursday, July 19, 2012

Thursday Thoughts [7.19.12]

Hey friends! Linking up with Sar for Thursday Thoughts:

[1.] So, with having been in a wedding this month, people were constantly asking when I'd be getting married and how long Pat and I have been together. I realized this week that I've been giving the wrong answer all month! We've been together a year and nine months, but I've been saying a year and ten months. Whoops! I looked back and that's even what we said to each other! (no, we don't celebrate each month, but we do acknowledge them.) Oh well. It'll be true soon enough anyway.


[2.] My mom's friend from high school made this for her etsy shop, inspired by something my mom always says. (There was a big fight in my hometown recently because they were banning books in the school libraries. Not even like instructions-for-making-a-bomb type books, but like, Kurt Vonnegut. Not ok, people.) But anyway. How cool is it that she made something out of it? Not sure if my mom even knows yet.

[3.] So this happened this week:


And my super mature self thought it was hilarious.

[4.] I have about a million countdowns going on right now. Four more full days at work. One day off after that, then vacation. Six days there, then I'm home and moving from one house in Lawrence to another in the span of three days. Then that Monday I start my internship. And then about a week and a half till Pat will be back!! Whoop! Also, CHAOS! Should be fun though. :)

[5.] I keep forgetting everything this week. As in, I'll think of a Very Important Thing I need to do before vacation, and before I can even get my planner out, I've lost it and have no idea what it was. Hopefully it'll come back to me, because I will not make it through the next month's worth of chaos like this!

[6.] Listening to Hunter Hayes quite a bit lately. :)


[7.] Finally, I'm currently reading (listening to) The Book Thief and LOVING it. Have any of you read it?


Happy almost weekend friends! What's on your mind today?




16 comments:

Kate said...

I get so irritated when people try to ban books. Uggggh! But that tray is way cool. And I love the meaning behind it!

And sooo exciting about vacation and Pat coming home!

Shauna said...

That's awesome she made that print!! I also hate when people try to ban books, such bs!

Heheh 69 :)

People keep recommending the book thief to me but I've never gotten beyond the first page!

Jessie said...

YAY! So happy you're reading Book Thief!!! That's one of the books I suggested in the 15 Day Challenge!

Katie said...

You have a busy life right now lady! Boo to book banning. I am the same way with writing things down. I have done that at least twice today, and I'm sure what I was thinking was actually super necessary to do. Oh well!

Alyx said...

Banning books? Tell me you're kidding. So ridiculous. And I'm excited for all the good stuff headed your way!

Genna said...

Hunter Hayes is the best! I sing my little heart out when I hear him in the car :)

Sar said...

Yay yay yay for Pat coming back! Winning!

Also, LOVE that you have 71 followers! You're such a stud, Abbey!

Joslin said...

Super cute print! I favorited it!

69...hehehe...always good for a giggle.

I just read the summary of The Book Thief, I'm definitely going to have to check that one out!

Kaitlyn's Life and Blogs said...

The Book Thief has been on my read list for awhile.

I hate banning books. Books are amazing and should be read regardless of what is in them. haha

that's one reason why I try to stay away from weddings. haha.

yeah for Pat coming home!! :)

Lin said...

It still surprises me when people ban books. Boo!

Adrienne said...

I'm totally with you on the memory thing, I can't seem to hold anything in lately! It's crazy


... what was I talking about?

Katie said...

If I could, I would full on celebrate our monthly anniversaries. Cause I would totally be that girl! Ha! :) Congrats on your man coming back! So awesome!
Happy Thursday!

Katie said...

Hey girl- I'm a new follower and love your blog! I think that Esty print is so cute! Keep up the good work.

Tamara said...

Banning books?! No. No. & NO.

You have a million things going on and you're still blogging? My hero.

I have had The Book Thief on my list of to-reads for a while. Actually, I think I may have bought it and it's just sitting in my bookcase. You know you buy too much stuff when you don't even know what you have. Stupid awesome books.

Sassy Ms Ginger said...

My English teacher self just died a little inside. I love the print! I may have to make something of my own like that!

teeisme57 said...

Thanks for the shout-out and for posting a picture of my work, Abby! Glad to see your mom found it here. She just emailed me about it.
Tweedy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...