Thursday, July 12, 2012

Looking forward! Excited! Eeeee! -- 15-Day Challenge

Today's prompt for the 15-Day Challenge couldn't be more perfectly timed.

What are you most looking forward to in the next six months?

Why is the timing perfect, you ask?

Well, I've been keeping secrets. Duh.

If you've been around a while, you might remember this post.

My big secret is that, just a couple days after writing that post, I got the call.

I'm in! I'm going to grad school! Starting in August I'll be attending my alma mater, the University of Kansas, to earn my master's degree in higher education administration. As part of the program, I'll also have an internship in which I'll get to advise students, organize outreach to high schools, and generally serve the student population.


But it's been a big secret (or at least a big virtual secret, since people I know in real life know) since I didn't want my employers to know and just get rid of me early. (They could do that, yaknow!) But yesterday I gave my two weeks notice. Free at last! :)

So anyway. What am I excited for?

I'm excited to be a Jayhawk again and a student again.
I'm excited to be a student adviser and become engrossed in campus life.


I'm excited to go to football and basketball games as a student again.
And let's face it, I'm excited to fill my pretty bowl with candy and set it on my desk for students. :)

Oh, and I'm super excited to live with Pat! But that's not really related to school... just something else that's happening. :)

Really, though, there's lots of other things I'm looking forward to right now. I'm just excited about life! Hope you all are too. :) I really, actually can't wait to read everyone else's posts today. Such a happy topic!

Happy almost weekend, friends!


14 comments:

Cassy said...

AAAAHHHH So much exciting going on in your life! A huge congrats!

Kate said...

I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!

I wish that I could have had a more "school-y" experience when I went to graduate school. I missed being able to participate in stuff on campus, but by the time I had gone to grad school, I had moved an hour away. *sigh*

I plan to live vicariously through you, just so you know.

Lin said...

Congratulations! I'd have to say you definitely have a lot to look forward to in the next few months. Especially the part of moving in with your fella :)

Shauna said...

Congrats lady!!! That's so exciting!!

Laura said...

Congrats! It's exciting to be jumping into something totally new, while also having the familiarity of returning to your alma mater.

Amy said...

Congratulations!!!!
That is so flipping awesome! I'm so so so excited and happy for you!!

Alyx said...

YAYYY!!!! Congratulations, Abbey!!

Beth said...

Congratulations! Going back to school is so exciting. I can't wait to be able to say the same. Good luck!!

Dani @ InspireMotivateLove said...

Congratulations!! As you're going back to school, I will be finishing a very long 5 years :) Eventually...I will be attempting Grad School as well....hopefully!

Katie said...

SO EXCITING! Such good things happening for you, I love it!! Congratulations friend! :)

Sar said...

So much exciting news in this post, Abbey, I love it all! Congrats, sweet friend!

Leslie said...

I am so, so very excited for you sweet friend!! Congratulations!!!

Tristan said...

Yes! Just saw your email about you being in the midwest too! I love Lawrence! Congrats on that though. I'm kind of a closet Jayhawk fan :) Can't be too open about that living in Nebraska, but I still wear my shirt all the time! :)

Jyndia said...

Congrats on getting into grad school! Sounds like an exciting next 6 months!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...