Thursday, July 26, 2012

I'm going away!

Hey friends!

I am going going gone to the beach!


Well, I'm not actually gone, not yet. Today is a day of packing and running errands. Tomorrow my little sister Anna and I will be flying out bright and early (6:45 a.m.!!) to Philadelphia, where my cousin will pick us up and take us to Ortley Beach, New Jersey!

My aunt has a beach house and I've been going nearly every summer as long as I can remember... except for the past two summers. So I am SO pumped to be heading back this year!

A glimpse of years past at the beach:

We have eight hundred million cousin pictures.  I'm the one that's just a head on the far left, with a blue circle in the middle of my shirt in the middle picture, and in the yellow shirt in the far right picture.

Me and my mom, I'd guess I'm maybe 14? No idea, really.

My sisters, me, and my second cousin. I drew her a swimming suit, for modesty's sake.

And finally, the coolest picture I'll ever take at the beach, ever. This was at like, 2 am. We went back every night after at the same time and it was never this foggy or awesome again.


I can't even tell you how much this place means to my family. When I look through the pictures from all the summers I've been before, I can watch myself and my sisters grow up through the pictures. One year we still have a bowl cut and the very next it's gone and we're wearing two pieces. :)

Also, fun fact: Did any of you watch the first season of Jersey Shore? Our beach happens to be right next door to their boardwalk -- and I've been there every summer of my life, too. 


I'm so sorry to be leaving, especially since there's lots of newbies out there. Please stick around? I've got a post scheduled for tomorrow and then some AWESOME guest bloggers lined up to keep ya'll company while I"m gone. Please be nice to them?

Which reminds me... when I'm back, I'll be having a giveaway! I don't know what yet because I plan to buy stuffs in New Jersey! So as an extra incentive for you to be suuuper welcoming, I intend to count sincere comments on guest posts as extra entries!
I'm not sure how it'll work yet, but probably not a 1:1 ratio. I'll figure it out later. :) And by sincere, I mean none of that "That's neat!" baloney. Say something real!

So for the next week, forgive me for any late answers to emails. But really, would you be answering emails if you were here?


Happy almost weekend friends!

15 comments:

Shauna said...

Awww love the pictures! You're totally, right, it's just like my family and Myrtle Beach!

Hope you have a blast!!!!

Sara said...

SO jealous that you'll be at the beach!

That drawn swim-suit on that little cutie had me rolling... :) hilarious!

Katie said...

No I would not be answering emails! I would be lounging. Or...chasing a toddler down the beach in reality. But I'll pretend I would be lounging :)

That drawn on swimsuit is AWESOME.

Hope you have a lovely time (I know you will)!

Jodi said...

Have a great vacation!

Amy said...

Have so much fun! I love that you painted her bathing suite on sooooo amazing! <3
...really Jersey shore?! what what that's crazy!
I can't wait to hear all about it and see the pictures!

Lin said...

Ugh, I'm so jealous. I want an aunt with a beach house too! Hope you have tons of fun out there & I cant wait to see what your giveaway is :)

Also, thanks for the morning laugh...that baby bikini totally had me cracking up!

Jess @ Blonde Meets World said...

I'm going to reiterate what everyone else has said..... I'M SO JEALOUS!! Have a blast! :)

Joslin Williams said...

Nothing is better than a good beach trip. Have fun! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Breenah said...

Have fun at the beach, I so wish I could go with! Love the bikini you drew on the baby :)

Cassy said...

I'm so jealous of your beach trip :)
Have fun!

Katrin said...

Have a wonderful vacation! See you soon! Can't wait to read about your trip!

Tamara said...

Do you know how tempting it is to just post multiple comments with something sincere?

SO TEMPTING.

I laughed out loud at your modesty swimsuit, just plain adorables!

I hope you enjoy your beach time, especially since it's been so long since you've been! We usually head down to the beach [Galveston] once a year during the summer just for a quick getaway [only a few hours from our hometown], but we've always wanted to venture out to some 'real ocean' views.

Someday.

Katie said...

Ahem, I'm sorry, did you say you're going to the Jersey SHORE???? ...that's it.

I'm coming with you. ;)

haha.

Have FUN!

Melissa said...

Ah! I love the beach! We always go to Destin, FL. Or somewhere else in FL. I've never been to a beach on the east coast, though i would LOVE to! Have fun! :)

Rachel said...

Can your aunt adopt me? I'd gladly join your family for a beach trip@

Have a great time :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...