Tuesday, July 10, 2012

An embarrassing moment: 15-Day Challenge

Day 10's prompt for the 15-Day Challenge is your most embarrassing moment.

Oh, lordy. I'm full of these, I'm sure.

But I'm also really, really good at blocking out bad memories. So I'll give you a few short-and-sweets:

1. When I was new on the job as an RA, I really liked a boy I worked with (sorry boyfriend, you were just an itty bitty freshman then). At lunch one day with him, another male RA and a female RA, I mentioned that when I'm angry, I'm a yeller. I fully missed the sexual connotations this carried. (Like when Sar mentioned calling someone jokingly a "fb" and I had to ask what that meant...) The boys did not. And oooh, did they laugh.

Me and Meleah somewhere around the time of story #2
2. When I was a senior in high school, during those last few days when no one really expects anything of you, we were hanging out in our English class with a bunch of boys. I think they were giving me a hard time about something when Meleah got up to take some papers to the office. She was already to the door when I realized she was leaving me alone with cruel, cruel boys, so I got up to run after her. You can see where this is going, can't you? One of the boys (damn you, Eric M!) stuck out his leg and I fell flat on my face in the middle of Mrs. Ashley's English room floor. Whoops.

3. When I was in second grade, at my softball game, I was super excited that my student teacher came to watch. I was in right field (that's the one behind first base, right? help a girl out. Layne? Cassy?). I was not the most stellar concentrate-r. I happened to like dancing. So I started dancing. The ball wasn't coming out there anyway. And then I looked up and the inning had changed and all my teammates were running in to the dugout. And I was dancing alone in the outfield.


Obviously I'm just a danger to myself. And also, boys are mean.

I would say I can't wait to read everyone else's, but I'm one of those people who feels everyone's pain. I can barely watch A Christmas Story. It hurts too much. So I'll read, but I'll probably be cringing the whole time...

Anyone else out there been caught dancing all alone?

10 comments:

Breenah said...

Stupid boys, haha!

Amy said...

That's so awesome!
Boys are totally mean, most of my embarrassing moments looking back involve a boy's meanness! :)

i loved that you danced in the outfield! uh-mazing!

Sassy Ms Ginger said...

I love it! English classes must be notorious for horrible things happening! And boys always think they are funny, even when they aren't what's up with that!

Rachel said...

Ugh! I do stupid stuff like that all the time! I'm usually the one who gets caught belting out a song when I "think" no one's around!

Katie said...

I cringe at things like this too, but at the same time it is SO nice to know we aren't alone!

riana. said...

omg, we alll have those embarrassing stories, no worries.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger..(*jamming out to kelly)

haha

Cassy said...

You are correct on your right field orientation. I think everyone who has ever played a sport has a related embarrassing moment. My first softball game, I got a really good hit and I was so excited, I ran to third base! Like...not first, second, third...just straight to third. Maybe I was a cocky 8-year-old?

Alyx said...

Hahaha, I remember you telling me about number three. Imagine if we'd been on the same sports team - it'd be a mess!

Kate said...

I love awkward, accidental sexual innuendos. They are even better when someone else says them though. :P

Kate said...

I love awkward, accidental sexual innuendos. They are even better when someone else says them though. :P

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...