Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Christmas in July swap goodies!

Hey all! Today is the link-up party for a summer swap I participated in, Christmas in July, and I'm excited to show you what I got! 

But first -- an announcement! I'm guest posting today over at Obviously Obsessed! Lucky Amber is off at the beach (just a couple days ahead of my beach trip!) and I filled in for her. You might remember Amber from when she guest posted for me. So head on over to read about what I think are the best ways to feel involved in the blogging community!

Now, onto the goodies!

This blog swap was hosted by the lovely Alyx, Celia and Daryl.

I was paired with Bhrett and here's what she sent me:


A hand made cross-stitch of a JRR Tolkein quote! She said she picked this because I told her I love to travel, and she made a good choice -- I absolutely adore this quote! I've also been planning to hang study abroad pictures from my trip and Pat's trip in our future room together, and I think this will go quite nicely :)

She also sent me this book:


The History of Love, by Nicole Krauss, which she found on my to-read list on Goodreads. I think it'll make a perfect beach book for my upcoming trip! (which I'll be posting about tomorrow!)

I'm very excited to dig in to this book, and to hang my new pretty in my new house!

Did any of you participate in the swap? I'll be looking for you in the link up!


17 comments:

Katrin said...

What a beautiful package! I haven't received mine yet.

Leslie said...

What a wonderful package!! That cross stitch is so cute!

Jordan Jaked said...

I love that cross stitch!!!

Shauna said...

Awesome cross stitch! That will go great with travel photos :)

Sara said...

I love that cross stitch. Great quote!! :-)

Cassy said...

How fun! I wish I had participated in a swap like this...very cool idea. And I loooove the cross stitch.

Dalayna Dillon said...

Hi Abbey! Spotted your guest post on Obviously Obsessed today. Came over to follow you via GFC and get to know more about you. Looking forward to keeping up with your blog :) Have a great day.
You can find me over at www.dalaynadillon.blogspot.com

Dani @ InspireMotivateLove said...

Perfect quote! :)

I nominated you for the Liebster Award today on my blog. Check out the post for all the details. Hope you enjoy! <3

Amy said...

Awesome package! She did such a good job!!! OOO beach trip eh? You coming to my home girl? Come onnnnnnnn we'll bake all night and stay at the beach all day haha.

Leanna Vera said...

Books are always such a great gift idea and it was thoughtful of her to check your Goodreads list!

Tiffanie A said...

Awesome Package! Great Quote!

The Students Wife said...

I loved reading your guest post! Thats how i just found your blog ;) I completely agree with everything you wrote on there!

I can't wait to read more of your posts, so i've added myself as a follower!

followme@ www.studentswife.com

Anonymous said...

Happy things. I love Tolkein. Frodo lives! (Folks used to graffiti that in NYC in the '60s). The cross stitch will complete the travel wall!

Megan said...

So I didn't even read this post. Not gonna lie. BUT I was reading your guest post over at Obviously Obsessed, clicked to follow your twitter and noticed you're a ChapelBR follower. You life in BR by any chance?

Alyx said...

LOVE the embroidered quote! How perfect! Thanks for participating in the swap and linking up, Abbey!

Elly - jazzlipsandtulips said...

I'm super gutted I missed out on this... Maybe next year! That hand stitched quote is amazing, loving your blog too! Xx elly

bhrett @ lost in relocation said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your package! I've loved having a pot of tea out on the deck to watch the sun rise over the river. *heaven* So happy to have been paired with you, sweet lady!
xo bhrett

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...