Sunday, July 1, 2012

15 fun facts about me :) 15-Day Challenge day one!

Have you guys heard of the 15-Day Challenge Sar is sponsoring?

I hope to participate in all the days except when I'll have a couple wonderful guest posters :) Head on over to her blog to check it out and join in!

Today's prompt is 15 fun facts. I had a hard time at first thinking of that many, but I think I thought of some fun ones!

1. My bucket list has exactly two things on it: go skinny dipping and watch baby sea turtles crawl toward the ocean.
2. I didn't drink soda throughout my entire high school career. I stopped when I was in eighth grade and started again in college. I don't really remember why. I think I got tired of it? and then I just wanted to see how long I could go.
3. I can (and do) watch the same movie over and over, every night. And I reread books. I love writing and storytelling and when someone does it well, I don't get tired of it.
4. I only studied journalism for the awesome scholarship I got through it.
5. On my first date with Pat we got ice cream and neither of us liked it but it was free and then we watched Toy Story 3 with a bunch of friends. :)
6. 97% of the time my socks don't match. I prefer it that way. I even wrote an essay about it once. In college.
7. Sometimes when I wake up I have the Winnie the Pooh theme song stuck in my head. I think it's because I used to have an alarm clock that played the song. Sometimes I also wake up singing a song my mom used to sing to wake us up. "It's time to get up, it's time to get up, it's time to get up this moooorning..."
8. I have answered to the following names: Google, Googlepants, Pants, Topeka, Abbadabbadoo, Abbycadabby, Squirt and Nugget. I also have one of those names that, within minutes of knowing me, people often shorten.
9. Of my 24 before 24 list, I'm most intimidated about opening an Etsy store and throwing a dinner party.
10. I have a scar on my right thumb from when I shut it in a jeep door on Christmas Eve one year. The same car door once bent a key in half. I've always thought that makes it sound more impressive an injury.
11. I only wear mascara on special occasions or when I want to feel pretty. I think it makes my eyelashes fall out faster.
12. When I lean a certain way, my hips pop. Really, really loudly.
13. I really like the name Dexter, but for a girl.
14. I'm a huge Harry Potter nerd. (really, though, who isn't?) My roommate recently tried to borrow one of the dvds and I could tell from across the room that she'd taken the wrong one, just from the picture. I joined Pottermore and was sorted into Ravenclaw. I went to a bunch of the midnight releases, for both books and movies, and have several pictures of me with Harry Potter.
15. I had Betsy for a while before I got a CD player put in. Until I did, me and Bets rocked out to mix tapes. Sometimes when a song ends, I still start singing whatever was next on the mix tape.

So there it is! Did any of you join the challenge? I'd love to see your facts!


17 comments:

Deanna Brockmann said...

When I joined Pottermore, I was sorted into Slytherin! I was pretty shocked but the more I read about it the more it matched me pretty well - minus all the evil stuff of course!

Sar said...

Skinny dipping...whoa boy. I was matched into Griffindor (even though I totally wanted Ravenclaw...so jealous).

Mama Bear said...

Don't tell my daughter Sar, but I've completed both of those items from your bucket list. Sshhhh! Enjoyed reading your list!

Katie said...

Ok for one, I have never read Harry Potter. Please don't hate me.

Also, for some reason I am not following you? No wonder you weren't showing up in my reader. Hello, blonde moment. Don't worry, the situation has been fixed!

Amy said...

OH MY GOSH #2!!! we're the same person! :)
I loved your list, i think Dexter is a fun name for a girl! :)
Skinny dipping isn't all it's cracked up to be, it's actually super awkward...well at least when you're a rebellious teenager ha.
I'm always watching the same movie/re-reading the same book! :)

Rachel said...

I joined the challenge too! I almost never wear mascara either--perhaps it's just because I don't know how to do it right but I don't like how heavy it feels on my eyes.

Shauna said...

Let's go to Costa Rica so we can do both the things on #1!!! Which movie do you watch over and over again?

Suze said...

I'm a big re-reader, re-watcher too!

Alyx said...

I like that you have such a short bucket list! Makes it a little more realistic.
Hahaha, mix tapes!!
Can you believe there are kids out there who probably ahve no idea what a casette tape even is.

Cassy said...

My socks never, never match! I love it :)

Also: one of my good friends from college did her super-prestigious honors project her senior year entirely on Harry Potter. She got super deep and analytical...it was amazing! I haven't joined Pottermore yet because I feel I don't need one more thing in my life...but I want to. So bad.

Veronica Lee Burns said...

Oh my stinkin' goodness...I read your number one and just about died! Seeing baby turtles hatch and swim to the ocean is at the very top of my bucket list! Let's go!!!

Alex said...

I was sorted into Gryffindor and was totally expecting to be in Ravenclaw. I also totally understand # 3. I do that too!

Kerri Blue said...

As soon as I saw #14, I opened a tab and headed straight for Pottermore, I didn't realise they had opened it to the public yet, I'm way behind the times!!!

Great List :)

Kaitlyn's Life and Blogs said...

I'm a Ravenclaw too!! :) score!! :)

I also am a big rereader and movie rewatcher!! :)

Kate said...

Dude. I totally had an alarm clock that played Winnie the Pooh also! I thought I was the only one! hahahaha. This makes me feel so much better about my life.

Tamara said...

I adore Harry Potter. And I just signed up for Pottermore. Guess I didn't need to do any work today anyway, right? One of my favorite shirts [maybe I should have used it for today's post?] is my Muggle shirt. I love wearing it.

I'm a mascara whore. I hardly ever not wear it.

I do the exact same thing with movies/books I love. If it's amazing, I never get enough of it. Which is exactly how I justify to the husband the amoutnt of money that comes out of our bank account from books-a-million, B&N, and Amazon.

Anonymous said...

You can knock both your bucket list items at the same time. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...