Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thursday thoughts [6.28.12]

Hey friends! As usual I'm linking up with Sar for Thursday thoughts :) 

1. This happened yesterday.

Yes, that's my car (Betsy) turning 200,000. If a car's age is measured in miles. She's a trooper. (Although she didn't start again this morning...)

2.  This also happened yesterday:



What?? No one wants to read my blog from 11 pm to 5 am? Really. What better things could you possible have to do?? (jk, jk... I just thought it was really funny for some reason to see the graph totally die at that time... and I maaay be alone in that.)

3.  Last night I made my version of these puppies for a bake sale at work today that would benefit charity (post on these soon! promise. I even took pictures.). I even missed adventure time at the lake to make them.

                                                                           Source: tipjunkie.com via Abbey on Pinterest


And then today they emailed us to cancel the bake sale. The day of the bake sale. Come on, people, think ahead. It's not like I have an oven at my desk and was planning on cookin up some brownies at work.

4.  Everything at work has gone completely nuts. For serious. So if this post, my emails, and whatever else are spazzy, my apologies. Also, if you, like poor Jenna, have been waiting for an email from me for over a week.... So so so so so sorry. Internet's still down at home so all I have are a few rushed moments here and there and my phone.

5.  I came to you guys for help yesterday and you totally rocked it. Seriously. If you read this post early on, you might want to go back and read some of the ideas. Because they're awesome. I even dreamed about the name tag one last night. Yup, "Hot Mama" was in my dream!

6. Finally, some good news (for anyone who doesn't follow me on twitter and already know). My mom is officially home from the hospital! She's still feeling pretty gross and won't be back to 100% or to work for a while, but at least she gets to be home now. Thank you to everyone who was thinking of us this week. :) I so appreciate it, and all the positivity I get daily from you all.

Alright, that's all the time we have today, folks. I hope you're in as crazy of a mood as I am so that maybe some of this will be amusing. If not, well, maybe you'll like this:

                                                                           Source: virtualvillage.co.uk via Abbey on Pinterest

Yup, I totally had one of those growing up.

Happy almost weekend, friends!


10 comments:

tandaschroeder said...

This was cute. Those little graham cracker thingers look absolutely delish.

Our clunker car is about to hit 200,000 too. It's so awesome because [our car] is so beat up and thrashed but we love it at the same time. Lovely!

♥ xoxo.
we & serendipity

Tamara said...

I totally feel like setting an alarm to wake up at 2am every morning to read your blog now. Just to set that graph right. I mean, who doesn't read blogs during those times? Weirdos.
Also, YUM on your pinterest amazingness. I feel like I must have chocolate now.

exlibrisheather said...

Those treats looks sooooooo delicious. I haven't had lunch yet and I want like 5 of them RIGHT now!

Sar said...

I've been kind of out of it so I missed that your mom wasn't doing well, but I am so glad she's home! Hope you're getting to spend ample time with her!

<3 <3

Anban:) said...

dude! did i get you hooked on Adventure Time?!?!? i love that show! I'm proud of myself :)

-- <3 ur little seester :)

Adrienne said...

Good luck with all your work craziness :(

Lovin' your thoughts!

Jodi said...

Love that shower hat!

Amy said...

That last picture killed me!! :) :)
The treats look amazing, i need to know how they turned out! YUM YUM!
i didn't know there was such a thing as a reading graph...now i have to go stalk the innerds of blogspot.
:)
I'm also really glad to hear your mom is out of the hospital, HUGE PRAISE! That is awesome to hear, and i'll be praying for her to start feeling better as soon as possible!

Rachel said...

Hurray for 200,000 miles! I would love it if my car lasts that long, but he still has nearly 70,000 miles till then. Actually I would love it if I could drive the same car for the rest of my life, and then never have to go to the trouble of buying another one, but my car already is 16 years old, and they tell me he won't live forever.

Jessica @ O. Alouette said...

That baby is just adorable.
And those cookies look so yum!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...