Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thursday Thoughts [6.21.12]

1. My check engine light is on.

Since it came on yesterday, I've gotten my oil changed and air filter replaced. But the light is still on.

It makes me very nervous.

2.  I may or may not look like a watermelon today. See, I got dressed without looking at a forecast, or out the window. And, they always crank up the AC at work. I have on a pink shirt, but it's cold, so I grabbed the green cardigan out of my car.


Yup, I took a myspace bathroom mirror picture. Just for you guys. Although my shirt looks more orangey in the picture, I promise it is pink and very reminiscent of a watermelon.

And yes, I was trying to give a thumbs up, and yes, those are toilets in the background. I never claimed this was a fashion blog.

3. I have a few opportunities for guest bloggers coming up! I can use anywhere from 0-6 (as in, if not, I'll just schedule some posts). If you're interested, let me know in a comment. I'd prefer that you have a topic for your post (not just an introduction to yourself/your blog, although of course you promo your spot and tell a bit about yourself!) and I'd also prefer bloggers who have been around here for a while so you might be more familiar with the kinds of things I post. :) Let me know if you're interested!

4. There is food in the break room that smells like French toast. I want it in mah belly. But I have no idea who it is meant for. Also, probably shouldn't. But it smells soooo gooooood.

Alright, that's all for now friends. Head on over to [life of love] to link up and share what's on yo mind!


17 comments:

Shauna said...

Such a cute photo of you!!! I'm loving the watermelon look :D!!

I'd love to guest blog, if you'd have me! I'll have to think of a topic though..

exlibrisheather said...

I actually think you look really cute! And I'm really loving the classy MySpace style photo. :P I don't know what kind of car you have, but my check engine light comes on because my gas cap comes loose. I've replaced the gas cap like 3 times, but this keeps happening to me. It could also be some environmental sensor thing. Sorry I know this was not helpful, but I understand your worry. :/

riana. said...

You're watermelon style is cute!
I'd love to guest post if you still have spots. :)
Hope you have a great Thursday! Yay almost the weekend!

Sar said...

Ohmygosh, you're adorable.

What type of car do you have? Have you Googled "[car type and year] check engine light on"? That's totally what I do.

I'll totally write a guest post if you'd like. I do better when people give me topics though, so maybe I'm not a good option... ;)

Joslin said...

You pull off the watermelon style very nicely =) I'm like you, I never dress according to the forecast...so spring and fall are a problem for me with the changing weather.

I'd love to guest post. Do you have a theme in mind or are you leaving it wide open?

Obviously Obsessed said...

My check engine light is on too and I am so nervous. I went to get an oil change and they told me I had 1,000 miles left and my levels were good. SO... I'm not sure what it is. 1 thing I would suggest would be to tighten your gas cap. It happened to me before where it was loose and the engine light went on.

I know I haven't been around a while, but I'd love to guest post if you need someone. Take a look at my blog and see if there is anything you'd like me to blog about for you if you're interested.

xoxo Amber
myobviousobsession.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

Haha I think your outfit is cute!

Karenna said...

I love your cardigan. And we'll excuse your myspace-like picture LOL!

About the car... that would worry me a lot too! :/ I hope it's an easy fix.

Jules said...

Abby your post seriously made me giggle! Thanks so much for stopping by my site and joining along its great to have you!!!! Hope you get to snag a peice of the deliciously smelling French toast type thing!

Suze said...

Rock that watermelon look, girl!

Sometimes the check engine light just needs to be reset. That's what my handy hubs told me. Some places, like pep boys, will check things out for free. I'd take it somewhere just to be sure. Good luck!

Glad to have come across your blog through Thursday Thoughts!

Kate said...

Omg. I've literally been thinking about how desperately I want french toast lately. Now I want it even more. ugggh!

And I'd totally do a guest post too. Assuming I can come up with anything to say. :P

Melissa Blake said...

LOVE your outfit!! :)

Katrin said...

I love the green cardigan with the pink shirt!
I drove my car for 2 years with a blinking check engine light. :) Haha

Becca at One Girl said...

I love the watermelon picture! So summerish of you ;)

Alyx said...

I don't really think you look like a watermelon. Maybe if you added some black dots.

Wendy said...

"Myspace bathroom mirror picture" LOL.
I think you look cute. :)

Lin said...

Aw, watermelon or not, that's one great photo! And, now I really want french toast haha.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...