Tuesday, June 26, 2012

My weekend! Or, "Pictures of my sister and pets"

Before I get into this post, I just want to quickly ask for some help. My mom was admitted to the hospital last night and is being treated for meningitis. Any prayers/good thoughts/positive energy/good vibrations are appreciated. It's killing me a little bit that I'm not there with her and with my Dad and Anna. Thanks in advance. <3


This weekend was my third weekend in a row going to my hometown/parent's house! Woah. I'm excited to actually spend a weekend at my home this weekend!

However, I can't hate going home. And I didn't want to leave when it was over.

I drove home Friday night after work. I tried to be nutritious with my on-the-road dinner and got a thing of fruit... but then I also got a giant cookie. Whoops?

Anyway.

Saturday I had lunch with a college friend who actually ended up moving to my hometown after he graduated! It was great to see him. But of course I didn't take a picture. Whoops. Anyone else ever feel awkward asking boys to take pictures with them?

After lunch I went to my little sister's dance recital! This was the whole reason I went home, and it did NOT disappoint!



Anna was in four dances. I think. She takes ballet, jazz, lyrical and hip hop. Woah. The pictures above are from her lyrical class (I think) on the left and the ballet on the right. I didn't take any of these pictures. I'll try to find out who did the studio pics so I can credit them and be a good person. My dad took the others. Edit: Someone (my mom?) says the studio pictures were by On-location Photography, LLC in Springfield, MO. Can't find a website. I'm trying though!


Dad also took this picture, which I'm sure isn't what he was aiming for, but I thought it turned out kinda cool and artsy fartsy.



Sunday, Anna and I finally saw The Lorax, which we've wanted to do forever.

I liked it. I was glad we waited till it was in the cheapo theater that plays movies after they get out of regular theaters. There were parts that were really trippy and weird, but overall I think I liked it. Anna too. :)

The rest of my time was spent going on a couple runs and adoring my pets.

I also found my family's cd of the Zoombinis and played for a couple hours... Anyone else remember these little guys?


....And that was my weekend! Did you guys do anything exciting? Hope you're all having a wonderful Tuesday!


14 comments:

Alyx said...

Holy cow, your sister does a lot of dance. Looks like it was a pretty good weekend!!

Kate said...

Sending good thoughts her way!

And I'm impressed with all the dancing she does! I wish I was that dedicated to.. well.. anything. lol

Lin said...

Looks like you had a fun weekend. It's so cool that your sister's in so many dances, she looks great.

I'm sorry to hear about your mom being sick. She'll definitely be in my thoughts.

Amy said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend!
And that is AWESOME that your sister does all of that dancing! :) Super fun.
i know what you mean (about finally spending a weekend at home)...i've been gone the last two weekends and i'm just ready to sit on MY couch in front of MY tv and just veg for a night. :)

Shauna said...

Love the dance photos!! I sure miss dance class :)

Cassy said...

Argh, comment went wonky. Trying again...

ZOMG Zoombinis!! I'm jealous!

Lots of love and prayers to your mom & your family. I hope she feel better soon!

tandaschroeder said...

I want to see that movie! Really bad! And your dogs are SO cute. I want one. Bad. I got back to Virginia Beach to be with my husband so that was an eventful weekend. (:

Amanda at: we & serendipity

♥ xoxo.

Breenah said...

I only ever took dance in college and I LOVED it. I wish I had started younger. Love her costumes!

Jules said...

Oh my gosh I had forgotten about Zoombinies I loved that game! Glad you enjoined the recital and trip home. I hope to go see the Lorax too!

Danavee said...

Ohhhh Zoombinies! I remember those in computer lab!

Anonymous said...

Always love your blog--is anna your pet too? I love all of your blog except the heat and sickness. ;)

from the one who always forgets her id and passwords. :)

Zoe said...

I loved playing zoombinies in elementary school, good times.

Anonymous said...

On-Location Photography, LLC :)

Anonymous said...

On-Location Photography, LLC :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...