Wednesday, June 20, 2012

How Pinteresting!

Hey friends!

So my internet at home is still being a little brat. Which means I still can't post about Meleah's bridal shower like I want to.

What to do, what to do...

Instead, I decided I'd join The Vintage Apple for Oh, How Pinteresting! but with a twist -- these are the recipes and projects I've tried and how highly or lowly(?) I recommend them!

Lately I've realized I'm developing a bit of a runner's tan. As in, like a farmer's tan but from running. So I tried out these two tutorials:


                                                                Source: dollarssenseandmore.wordpress.com via Abbey on Pinterest


I like this one, but I definitely recommend you use a sturdy shirt. Mine was one of those hanes shirts from walmart that come in the packs of three and it turned out ok, but a thicker material would work better.




                                                                             Source: blogilates.com via Abbey on Pinterest

I like this one better, I think. I didn't do the high-low part, though. Also, it's probably not great for any activity that might have you lying on your back, like yoga or pilates, since the way you tie the back creates quite a bump.


                                                                          Source: sixsistersstuff.com via Abbey on Pinterest

I loved these Mexican roll-ups. I made a bunch all at once -- ten I think -- and they got a little soggy by the time I ate them all. When I make them again, I'll probably only make a few at a time and save the ingredients to keep making them fresh throughout the week.


                                                                                Source: foodnetwork.com via Abbey on Pinterest

This broccoli salad was DELICIOUS but waaaay high on the calories. Pretty great for a pot luck, though, or any occasion where you can't eat it all yourself. :)


                                                                             Source: nutritionfor.us via Abbey on Pinterest


                                                                        Source: doctoroz.com via Abbey on Pinterest

These pasta recipes were very similar and both needed another... something. With a kick. I think the diced tomatoes I bought, called for in both recipes, were too sweet. Maybe fresh tomatoes? Also, idk what that second picture is, because it is NOT the dish I ended up with by following the directions!


                                                           Source: testadoprovadoeaprovado.blogspot.com via Abbey on Pinterest

This was an absolute flop. :) You can read about it here. Still looks and sounds good though, so if I ever get up the courage, I might try again. :)


                                                                          Source: pillsburybaking.com via Abbey on Pinterest
Finally, these funfetti cookies are by far the winner of everything I've tried from Pinterest. So good!

I've tried a few more things from Pinterest. You can find my board of successes and flops here or follow me here.

Have you guys actually done many of the things you pinned? How'd they go?



14 comments:

Kate said...

My internet has been horrrrrible lately. I sat on hold with Comcast for 15 minutes a few days ago before I got too frustrated and hung up. Maybe I'll finally get around to calling back soon. Maybe..

And I wish I had enough ambition to try the stuff I see on Pinterest! I think I've tried.. oh.. 2 recipes? And that's it. :P

Joslin said...

I like your idea of making a board just for things you've tried. I'm off to make one for myself!

Leslie said...

I like that workout shirt!! I want to try to make some now... I hadn't seen those on pinterest

riana. said...

I usually do recipes that I pin...but the other stuff not so much...haha!

Lin said...

I've pinned a ton of things but I've never actually done any of them. That food has made me so hungry haha.

bonbon said...

oh my gosh I love your take on this! The problem with pinterest is that half of the time you don't know if it even works at all... so great to get a little review on some of the recipes and craft ideas instead of just wondering if it works. You're a genius, I tell you! Just found your blog and have loved getting to know you better! I'm excited to follow along!

new follower :)
bonnie
bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

Alyx said...

those mexican rollups look amazing!!

Nicole said...

I'm doing a link-up on June 28 for all the pins you've actually done! Try to link this post up for then!

anorexicescapades.com said...

Would love the recipe to the Mexican roll-ups!

Rachel said...

What a great idea to give your reaction to different projects. That's one of my biggest complaints about pinning, is not getting the full picture!

Jules said...

Hey girl! Just stopping by from the Vintage Apple Link party. Those cookies look wonderful and great idea for the runners tan fix! I might have to try this myself.

rach said...

Those mexican roll ups look amazing!! I really need to start cooking some of my pinterest recipes and not just drooling over the pictures haha!

Amy said...

I LOVE that you actually rated them!! Such a great idea!
I've been wanting to try the mexican rollups for a while...yes ma'am! I will be trying them soon!
Everything else looks great as well!

Rachel said...

Those cookies look really good! I'm not actually on pinterest, but I've surfed it a few times, and I did make a new kind of potato casserole that I saw on there, but that's about it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...