Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Guyyysssss.

Within the last week, I was nominated for two blog awards! Woah! Actually, now looking back, it might be two people who nominated me for the same award? I'm slightly confused...



Regardless, thank you to Riana from Beyond My Wildest Dreams and Tamara from Lehmann Laughter!

So. I've been nominated for these kinds of things before but always kind of blew them off since I felt like someone was like, aaaaah I've been nominated and don't know anyone let me just randomly find a blog and pick it.

But I'm flattered to get these awards because these are my legit followers, and to know they enjoy my blog means a lot.

Rest assured that at the end of this little post, when I pick some people, they will be blogs I actually enjoy. Not the random panic sort. :)

Anyway.

So, here's the rules:
1. I post 7 random facts about me.
2. Thank the person who nominated you in your post (check)
3. Put the Liebster blog button in your post. (check)
4. Nominate your 5 favorite bloggers with less than 200 GFC followers.
5. Let them know that you nominated them


So on to the random facts!


1. I talk in my sleep. My roommate my freshman year told me we'd have full on conversations while I was asleep, and I remember once I woke up and had been telling Pat about my favorite chapstick.
2. I loooved it when the 20 Random Facts list was a thing on facebook. Call me a creeper, but I think it's the writer in me. I'd read the lists all of my friends made and even the ones strangers made.
3. I just had to work on the facebook account of a lingerie store (for work). It felt really weird to be looking at their website at work. Other odd clients we've had: a strip club and a few funeral parlors.
4. When someone asks me to do something, like go on a trip or to a concert or whatever, I generally say no at first, or maybe. Then I think about it for a week and end up going.
5. I've been a lacto-ovo vegetarian for... oh gosh... eight years. Which means I eat dairy (lacto) and eggs (ovo) but no meat or fish.
6. I have seven holes pierced in my ears. :)\
7. My first flight ever was when I was 20 years old. Since then, I can still name all the trips I've flown on because I fly so rarely. 




And now... go show these bloggers some love, mmmkay? You all can do the dealy and give out the award. Or not. But just know I'm out here reading and enjoying your blogs. :) Pick whichever award you like or take both. Who knows what they actually mean anyway.


1. Kate at Begin Anyway -- Lovely blog, funny girl. And, she's a librarian! So cool.
2. Shauna, of the two blogs (I feel like I just gave you a clan name) Our Emerald City and The Awesomes. Shauna shares my love of travelling and teaches me to be a better vegetarian. And she's a breath of liberal fresh air for this Kansas girl.
3. Katie from State of Change. I'm constantly having to check whether I'm talking to Kate, above, or Katie. Ha. Katie is a great commenter and blog friend. Her blog is inspiring and uplifting and so are her notes on posts.
4. Amy from Taking Steps Home. One of my first blog friends! She hates zombies too! We're constantly finding little things we have in common. So obviously she's awesome.
5. And Allison from The Life and Loves of Allison Fay. Looking at her blog, you'd think she's a blog-famous pro. She's that graceful and wonderful in her blogging. And she inspires me to run better. And she has a cute niece. Gotta love baby pictures!




I feel a bit like Oprah.






Have a great day, friends!


15 comments:

Cassy said...

What a cool idea! And since I'm a new blogger, I'm going to say a big thank you for the blog suggestions!

Katie said...

Thank you so much, you are so sweet! And I seriously LOLed at that photo of Oprah. Hilarious!

Now I have to go think of 7 facts about me. Get ready to be amazed! ;)

AllisonFay said...

You are too sweet! Thank you so much for picking me and for all the kind words. I read blogs to be inspired, so the fact that mine inspires someone else is a huge compliment. :)

Obviously Obsessed said...

How fun!! Thank you for the blog suggestions. I enjoyed them all and started following. I started blogging a couple months ago so I'm working on getting more followers. :)

xoxo Amber
myobviousobsession.blogspot.com

Breenah said...

I also like reading the random facts lists of just about everybody. I always thought vegetarian implied everything (including eggs and dairy) except meat and vegan implied everything except any kind of animal product so it's interesting to hear (read) the term lacto-ovo vegetarian.

Jamie said...

I'm a lacto ovo veggie too!

Shauna said...

I loved reading all those lists too!! Random trivia are so interesting, but then I get so worked up when I make my own lists!!

I also always thought vegetarian just meant no meat! All the different terms are so confusing!!

And I have another Katie I'm blog friends with so I always get confused too haha!
Thanks for the award!!!

Tamara said...

As a pure-bred Texan I can no longer be your friend...I mean, who doesn't eat meat?! That's just not natural! :)
Also, my husband's first trip in a plane was when he was 27 - I'm pretty sure he was convinced everything and anything was going to go wrong. It was hilariously annoying. I haven't yet forced him to fly again.

riana. said...

You totally deserve it Abbey cause you're amazing!!! :)

Kate said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! :) So I must know.

These ear piercings. Is it. 7 in each ear? Or 7 total? :P

Katrin said...

Congratulations! That's so cool!
It is so funny that you talk in your sleep! I am sure you tell all kinds of funny stories!

Adrienne said...

I talk in my sleep too! And walk! And sometimes scream...

Congrats on the awards girl!

I do the same exact thing with commitments, I don't like saying yes right away!

Pamela said...

A new follower - have a great day!

Sar said...

Literally laughed out loud with the Oprah photo. Also, LOVED the 20/25 Facts thing as a tagged note in FB too! I read basically anybody's. I miss those...

Lin said...

Congratulations on your blog awards!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...