Thursday, May 3, 2012

Thursday Thoughts [5.3.12]

Hey guys! I'm linking up with Sar for Thursday thoughts!

[1.] Today marks four months that I've been working on my health/getting in shape/eating better. To date, I've lost 16 pounds (!) and two jeans sizes. I still walk every week day. I'm pretty lucky that I have such a great place to walk. Check out these pictures:





I always get back and email Pat about all the wildlife and other stuff I see on my walk. Best day so far was three baby ducks, two teenage ducks, nine yellow fluffy baby geese, four turtles, two of which may or may not have been having sexy time, a woman wearing a shirt that said "I like spinach," and a guy running really oddly and without any shoes.




[2.] Thank you for all your running advice! I haven't been running yet, but I feel much more prepared for when I go. :)

Some of my favorite words of wisdom came from Tamara from Lehmann Laughter who said "Try running in your shorts, if you don't get chub rub {when your thighs rub together - it be the debil!} don't bother buying running tights." Chub rub. Ha!

[3.] I'm allergic to cats. Since I've moved out of my parents house, they've adopted a cat and have been foster-parenting my sister's cat Raja. I try to keep my bedroom a safe zone from their fur so I can have somewhere to escape. But Monday, when I was home, Raja got in. Sassy Raj!



[4.] My boyfriend is cute. He made these signs for his floor in the dorms, and they make me smile. :)



[5.] I've never been a neat freak. When I was young, my room didn't have to be clean as long as there was a path for me to get out if there was a fire. However, our bathroom had reached a level that even I wasn't ok with anymore. I cleaned it last night and seriously felt so good this morning. Shiny floors, shiny mirror, shiny sink. I felt like I'd just bought a new wardrobe or won money or something. Seriously. Such a great feeling.


[6.]Has anyone ever heard of Paperblog? They emailed me and "invited" me to join. Is it a scam?

Also, are you guys in any of the other blogger databases/resources? Are they worth it?



That's it for today, folks. Tonight is the midnight premier of Avengers, and tomorrow I myself will be a zombie as it's a 2.5 hour movie and I have to wake up at 7 at the laaaatest. Yeesh.

Have a wonderful Thursday!

10 comments:

the Rosones said...

Congrats on your weight loss!!! That is awesome. I know that it is not an easy road, but it's so worth it!

Laura said...

Wow congratulations on your weight loss. Having somewhere outside to work out makes exercising so much easier.

Sar said...

I've never heard of Paperblog at all. What is it?

WOOHOO for losting 16lbs! Also, Tamara is hilarious right? Fun story: I met her because we did Zumba together during lunch last summer. She's fabulous.

Happy Thursday Abbey!

Shauna said...

What a nice view to walk to! Way to go on the healthiness!!

Alyx said...

Wow, congrats on the weight loss! That's awesome.
I've never heard of paperblog... have you googled it?

Meg {henninglove} said...

congrats on those 16lbs already!! keep it up and your walks definitely have some lovely views that is for sure

Rachel said...

Congrats on the weight loose! That's awesome!

Katie said...

I'm obsessed with cleaning. I love a clean house! Best feeling ever! :)

Lin said...

16 pounds? Go you! I'd be happy with losing 6, but that would mean getting off my butt & doing something :/

I'm allergic to cats too. I literally have to take allergy meds an hour before visiting my in-laws because they have 8 cats. Yes, 8.

The Lehmann's said...

16 lbs that's uh-maw-zing!! You go and get your sexy on!
{No chub-rub for you!}
:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...