Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Hi friends. It's time for some blog talk.

Lovely readers. Some of you are doing something that makes me really, really sad.

You're commenting (which I love!) but not letting me reply to you!

I get a wonderful little email with an awesome comment (because ya'll are awesome at commenting) and then I type out an answer and usually actually send it before seeing this:

I can use this example because it's my mom :)
That "noreply" part means I can't answer your comment.



I understand if you want your privacy, but if you want replies, here's your fix:

Go to your blogger dashboard. Click the little down arrow next to your picture in the top right corner.



Then, click on Blogger Profile.

See this orange button in the top right corner? Click it!


Final step! Make sure the box that says "Show my email address" is clicked.

Then I can start replying to you! Yay!

PS. My internet is out at home again. Booooo! I promise I'll catch up on my blog reading when I can!

7 comments:

Lin said...

Yes! Please spread the word about this horrid 'no-reply' issue. There's nothing worse than reading an awesome comment, writing out your response to them & then realizing you can't send it because there's no email to send it to.

Sad times I tell ya.

justin bartholomew said...

Another informative blog… Thank you for sharing it… Best of luck for further endeavor too.

Amy said...

It is pretty frustrating isn't it?!?!
I love that you took screenshots for everything! :)

kimberly rae said...

lol i just want to steal this post and put it on my blog!! im so sad when people are noreply@blogger ...especially because when i comment i love to hear back from the person i'm commenting to and i figure if someone comments on my blog they'd like to hear from me .... but howww will i reach them?

Obviously Obsessed said...

Did this work? I switched to Blogger profile, checked the box and switched back to Google+. I had no idea that no one could reply to me. Sad, sad day.

Let me know. Thanks for the tip.

xoxo Amber

Jess @ Blonde Meets World said...

I thiiiiink people can reply to me? if not let me know! (blondemeetsworld@gmail.com).

Danielle In The City said...

I didn't know this was a thing!! I wandered onto your blog today and I love it :) I'm have been blogging for years but mostly for the purpose of keeping my friends and family up with my adventures, but i've repurposed and started to branch out into blogging communities. I had no idea that this was how to get reply emails :) Anyway, feel free to follow me at danielleinthecity.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...