Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Weekend recap: Kansas Senior Night!

Hey there!

I never really know what to say before a weekend recap. I did cool things. Here's some pictures and words about them.

Friday night me and Pat hung out at my house. We watched last week's episode of The Office, worked on our puzzle and had some adult beverages. I took a picture of the puzzle but I cannot find it anywhere! It disappeared off my camera, I swear.

Saturday morning/afternoon I failed horribly at making this recipe. I'll be posting about it later this week. Here's a preview:

For some reason my iPhone camera turned the red burner blue.
Kinda cool, right?


Then me and Pat hung out at Allen Fieldhouse to "camp" and secure our places for the basketball game.

Saturday night, though, was the excitement I want to tell you about. Pat's dad happened to have an extra ticket to the KU vs Texas basketball game, which also happened to be senior night, so I got to go!

Me and Pat at the game!


Baby Jay with her hands up for a free throw

Tyshawn about to take his free throw and the student section with their hands up

Probably the best at-the-game picture we've gotten
I love going to basketball games with Pat. I swear I've never met anyone who cares quite so much about sports. It's fun to see him so into the game, and KU has some of the coolest most funnest (yes. funnest.) traditions. And the best mascots. Just sayin'.

We win!

Waving the wheat. Bye Texas! Nice try!
As I mentioned, this game was also senior night, so our three seniors all gave speeches after the game. I kind of fell a little bit in love with Jordan Juenemann. Sorry Pat.

Juenemann giving his speech

A view of the court while he gave his speech
Unfortunately, my camera died right after Juenemann's speech, so I only got pictures of him. Conner Teahan and Tyshawn Taylor both also spoke, and Coach Bill Self recognized Thomas Robinson, who won't be coming back next year.

After the game, Pat and I went out with his dad. No pictures still, but we went to a karaoke bar and listened to some awful, awful singers, and then we went home and passed. out.

Sunday I had the world's worst headache and wallowed in self pity and slept and watched 17 Again and Shrek and Shrek 2, all of which were conveniently on TBS. :)

Anyone else have a cool weekend? 

1 comment:

Alyx said...

Ah so jealous! I have always wanted to go to a KU game. I actually considered going there just for the basketball. Good thing I didn't.
Ha! Sounds like a good weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...