Thursday, March 22, 2012

Birthdayyyy!

Alright, friends.

Today, I am old.

For your entertainment, here are a couple infamous family photos of me as a youngin'.


I think I was pouting because no one would play with me? Also important to notice: my boots do not match.


I was about nine months old and was apparently NOT ok with Santa.



Yup. That's me on the right.


For my birthday, I decided to make a list of 24 things to do before I'm 24 (inspired by Sarah at Yes and Yes).

So, starting today, here's my list:

1. Send 24 letters

2. Visit Simone, my old roommate and great friend, at her new big girl home

3. Visit my Meleah at med school before she's an old married lady

4. Learn to juggle!

5. Learn a song on the guitar--I've had a guitar for years and can play absolutely nothing on it. I've toted from home to a dorm back home to a house back home to a different dorm, back home again and to a new house and can't do a dang thing with it but carry it around.

6. Finish a puzzle with Pat! He got me one for Christmas and we've been working on it, but last year we tried a different one and never finished it. We will finish it!

7. Try 24 new recipes

8. Learn to sew on a sewing machine

9. Make at least one of these or something like them:
Source 
Source
Source

Source


10. Go see a local play or musical. I used to looove theater (I did five plays in high school!) but I don't go back nearly as often as I'd like

I'm on the right as Jojo in Seussical the Musical during my junior year of HS

11. Finish the project I started when I was home for Thanksgiving

12. Go to three new bars in my hometown and three new restaurants in my hometown--Three is an arbitrary number on both of these, but I feel like I go to the same places over and over. I barely know Lawrence and I've been here almost five years! It's time to explore.

13. Start an etsy shop

14. Go rock climbing (a rock wall counts!)

15. Find a few great local hiking spots

16. See a psychic

17. Memorize this poem and this one

18. Complete a 5k

19. Try kickboxing

20. Send flowers to someone

21. Buy something I would usually be too scared to wear and actually wear it

22. Treat myself to something I would normally talk myself out of just because I can

23. Hold a dinner party for my friends

24. Try five new foods. I'm notoriously scared of trying new foods. I've had a bag of quinoa sitting in my cabinet for weeks. Time to make it happen.



That's it! I'll try to keep you guys updated whenever I check something off. If you have any tips or tricks for my list, let me know :)

Thanks for stopping in, and here's to a fabulous March 22nd for everyone!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

7 comments:

Valerie Griffin said...

Happy Birthday!

KSCoffeeGirl said...

Happy birthday! I love your list! And I love that I'm on your list! I think I will have to make a 25 before 25 list! Eek that sounds so old! And I'll get you to be adventuresome at new bars and restaurants!

Alyx said...

Happy Birthday!!! Your list is awesome!

Margaret Hart said...

I thought your home town restaurants were gonna be in RepMO...we have restaurants! Happy birthday, I like the monks and I like your plans. :)

Margaret Hart said...

Oh, and I like your photos of childhood and stage...

emily01 said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1ebBsl5WhI

Treat yo self

Megan said...

Hey I'm new to following. Found you through the 15DC over at Sar's blog.
Anywho, I noticed your goal list on your sidebar and decided to read this post. First off, that pic where you're wearing 2 different boots: hilariously cute! Love it!
Also, I noticed one of your new foods you tried is something I've grown up with and was so shocked it was new to you: fried okra. I guess it's because I'm from the deep south :) And quinoa - I learned about it a few months ago. Man you can make some really great stuff with that! And it's so good for you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...