Saturday, February 25, 2012

My new blog design!


As you can see, gone is the made-by-me-fidgeting-around-with-settings look of my blog.

Thank goodness.


Now, I'm proud to present a lovely design made by the wonderful Alyx of Every Day is a New Adventure! Alyx has a great offering, but I went for the complete makeover. She was awesome. (And she has the best prices I've ever seen!)

Why I hired someone:
When I told my mom, she said, "But I like the way your blog looks!" (Thanks, mom.)

But my blog is something I plan to invest significant time in. I want it to be something I'm proud of and something I think looks good and something I want to show people. And now, it is.


If you're thinking about having someone design your blog:

I highly recommend Alyx. I was pretty clueless and vague as to what I wanted, and she had unlimited patience for me while I said things like, "Are there any umm... like textures or something?" and "I like happy fonts--rounded edges, that sort of thing--that don't make you feel like you're in school or at work."

In other words, I was very difficult to work with.

But Alyx was patient with all my whims and really used her creative powers, working with the feel I wanted for my blog, no concrete ideas. She was happy to provide input, but still supportive when I went another direction.

So... what do you think? :)

P.S. All these opinions are my own, honest opinions! I'm getting nothing out of this post but the satisfaction of directing your attention to someone who deserves it. :)


3 comments:

Alyx said...

Aww, thanks so much for all of the kind words - I really appreciate it!

I am so glad you're happy with the way things turned out!

Alyx said...

PS: Do you mind if I take part of this post and put it on my design page with a link back to your site?

Margaret Hart said...

You are welcome. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...