Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Funfetti cookies!

Last night a friend came over and helped me make some Funfetti cookies! I'd gotten the cake mix and the icing on sale after Valentine's day and decided last night was the night to make them.

Sadly, I only have phone photos. I'll explain in a P.S.
Pat (aka boyfriend) was there too, but he mostly only stirred the eggs and taste-tested. :) Not that there's a lot more to this recipe! They were super easy and super delicious.

Here's what you need:

1 box Funfetti cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 a cup of vegetable oil
1 can Funfetti icing (or other icing) (ours didn't use the whole can)

That's it! Stir the first three ingredients together until the dough is "thoroughly moistened," then roll the dough into one-inch balls. The recipe says to squish them with the bottom of a glass dipped in flour until they're a 1/4 inch thick, but we kind of just flattened them a bit with our hands and they turned out great! Bake for 6-8 minutes at 375*. Mine took between 7 and 8 minutes. Lay out some frosting on those suckers, sprinkle some sprinkles and you're done!

Ours made 46 cookies. With only using 75 percent of the icing on 46 cookies, MyFitnessPal says these gems come to about 122 calories a cookie, but obviously that will vary depending on how big you make yours and how much icing you use. :)

Since I didn't take pictures throughout (whoops!) I had an awkward photoshoot with a cookie this morning. Here is the result:


It was deeeelicious!

P.S. Our internet at home is down and has had me tearing out my hair the past two nights in a row. It works for one of my roommates' computers, but not mine or our other roommate's. Why? So until further notice, there will only be old pictures and phone pictures on my blog because I can't upload pictures at home. And I will be very stressed until it will work again.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...