Thursday, January 12, 2012

Easiest chocolate covered pretzels ever!

Hey all! So I posted here about the chocolate covered pretzels I made when Pat came back from Oregon. Now, here's one of the easiest and shortest how-tos you'll ever see. :)

I first saw these treats when my mom made them for Christmas. She was able to use the kind of pretzels that have little criss-crosses all across and look like window screens. You know the ones I mean?

Source
But when I made them, I couldn't find the checkers kind, so I used the tiny twists.


You'll also need a bag of Hershey's kisses and plain or peanut M&Ms.

Preheat your oven to 250*.

Lay the pretzels out on a cookie tray. You may want to line it with tin foil (especially if you're using the twists) in case some chocolate slips though.

Set a chocolate kiss on each pretzel.

Bake the pretzels+kisses for only 2-3 minutes at 250*.

When they come out, the kisses will be melty enough that you can press an M&M on top of the kiss's point!



If you have room in your freezer or fridge, stick the tray in there while they cool. If not, you can leave them out at room temperature and the chocolate will eventually harden again.



That's it! Super easy, right? And so cute! Especially for holidays or themes with colors--the red and green ones we did for Christmas looked great! I also might try different variations (peanuts instead of M&ms or different kinds of kisses) in the future.

According to my MyFitnessPal calculations, each treat is about 33 calories, so they aren't a diet killer as long as you don't overindulge.

Happy nomming! :)

4 comments:

BeckyJo606 said...

Those look so delicious! I've made something similar--you put a rolo on top of a pretzel, melt in the oven for about 20 minutes on 200 and then add a pecan to the top instead of an m and m. Such a great treat!! :)

Nicole said...

ahhh!!!! this looks so so amazing. i completely adore baking yummy things. like the oozy gooey cinnamon rolls i made last night. yumyumyum.

xoxo

Margaret Hart said...

I wanna follow, but I can't remember my twitter password. :(

Margaret Hart said...

Oh, and Thank YOu to my friend, Stephanie, for this recipe. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...