Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Weekend recap

Hello!

How was your weekend? I'd like to tell you about mine, if you'd like to hear (isn't it kind of weird to say "hear" when really you'll be reading it? but maybe that's just the editor in me...).

Last Wednesday, I picked up my bfffff from the airport. She's home in Kansas for a few weeks before she has to head back to California, so on Friday I hurried home from work, excited to see her. We sat around and watched TV and did nothing, which is always wonderful.

I headed over to the boyfriend's for a while. We watched Tangled.

Later that night, we had a bunch of people over. Parties can go in a lot of different ways. Personally, I didn't think this one was our best, but then, I did get a headache halfway through and hide in the basement for a while. All the guests seemed to have fun, as most stayed till 4 a.m. and a couple even stayed overnight!

In the morning, I made pancakes.

Saturday was the day of the surprise adventure I'd planned for Pat. He's a bit tricky to shop for, so instead, for Christmas we headed over to Tallgrass Brewing Company in Manhattan, Ks. and took their brewery tour!


Neither of us had ever been on a brewery tour, so we both learned a lot. I actually don't like the taste of beer, but for those of you who do, it was a pretty good deal. The whole tour was free and we got free samples of their normal brews and a couple they're still testing out.

I was the only girl on the tour and was a bit embarrassed to bring out my camera, but I did manage to snap a few photos with Pat's iphone!

Here is their stack of empty cans waiting to be filled. Each row has about 389 cans, he said, and there were a few more pallets stacked to about the same height:


And this is the machine they use to get the beer in the cans. It was pretty cool--there were different sensors for liquids and foam and anoher spout that handled the carbonation. Then the lids are attached by machine, but a worker has to manually apply the four-pack tops they use for Tallgrass.


I wish we'd gotten a picture together! The drive was a bit longer for us than the tour itself, but we love roadtrips and driving together, so it was part of the fun. After we got back, Pat and I worked on the puzzle he'd given me for Christmas and listened to Christmas music. It was really fun and a nice Saturday night in after the party the night before.

Sunday we went to Applebees for lunch and watched TV, but then was the woooooorst part of the weekend. I had to take Pat to the airport to fly home for Christmas break.

Ever since I started providing his airport transportation, I think I've cried every time. Sometimes it starts the night before. When I was leaving after visiting Pat last summer, I started crying as soon as I saw the airport--I didn't even make it inside first.

Yesterday, I started crying as soon as we got on the highway. I know it will only be three weeks before he's back, but I can't help it.

However, here are the few things I thought of that are good about being boyfriend-less for three weeks:

1. I don't have to shave my legs if I don't want to. Wooo!

2. I will save money on pasta and popcorn.

3. I will be receiving lots of cute kitty pictures and videos. Like this one!


video




I'll keep you updated if I think of any more.

I hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...